Where In the World Are You?

Red Heart Yarn Contest

Let the World Know Where You Are with Your Red Heart Yarn.

Let me tell you about a new challenge that will get your camera phone busy!

Firstly, I am so excited about this. I was privy to this back many months ago and I loved the idea. I don’t mind crocheting in public and I like to take my crochet on trip with me.

There are two ways to participate in this massive giveaway.

• You can either enter by wearing a Red Heart project and forming a heart shape with your hands.
  • OR, you can take your yarn ball out in public and be sure to have the Red Heart Logo showing on the yarn ball with you when snapping the photo. I think taking the yarn ball out in public is more fun!

Now the picture for Red Heart shows big places like New York, Paris and London, but you may be like me that never get out to these places. So I have some thoughts to help you:

• Your public space may be the local mall.
  • How about a library?
  • What about your a beautiful area of your town / city?
  • Maybe an amusement park?
  • How about a beautiful park bench?
Mikey, Crochet Crowd

Cathy and Mikey visit Hollywood.

After you submit your photo, the administrators of Red Heart will review to ensure the picture is acceptable. From there, people like you and I can vote on our favourites. The sooner you get your photo in, the longer it has to be online to get votes.

Cathy and I are not eligible to win as we teach and inspire on behalf of Red Heart Yarns. We knew this was coming and purposely took some public photos back in February for this fabulous event!

Want to play along and score more yarn for your collection of yarns at home? Find Out The Details Here.

You may get some strange looks in taking your yarn balls out of your purse in public! But hey… that’s what makes this even more fun! Good Luck!

This entry was posted in Crochet Challenges, Red Heart Yarns and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Where In the World Are You?

1. Loretta Burnham says:

Sounds like faun

2. Carmen says:

OMG!! I CROCHET ALMOST EVERYWHERE (NOT AT MY JOB). I LOVE TO CROCHET WHEN I TRAVEL BY PLANE.

3. Jacki says:

Just in time for the World Wide Knit In Public Day! And yes, it’s for crocheters too 🙂 http://www.wwkipday.com

4. Sheri Goad says:

Reblogged this on Frogging Along and commented:

What a fun idea! Can’t wait to see all the pictures that come in.

5. teri-lynn Renirie says:

I like taking mine with me to the movie theater. Gives me something to do while waiting. I crochet everywhere.

6. katrina says:

Finally I catch a challenge in the beginning. I crochet any place, especially waiting areas. Can’t wait to see all the pics.

7. mattsmadre says:

I LOVE this challenge! I crochet at restaurants, in the car, in the park, at the beach and even in church!

• I also crochet everywhere. Cannot sit anywhere without my crochet, always feels like I am wasting time. I do it in the car, on train, bus & plane trips, though now they are banning the hook.i do it at church, doctor waiting rooms.visiting,watching tv.people who know me don’t worry over me, just ask me to make them something.
      Strangers always ask what I am making. Some then ask if I will make something for the school fete, church bazaar, etc.
      I am always doing teddy bears for children’s hospitals, police rescue services. Old people homes, plus the children’s hospital get afghans.
      I have to confess I am a true crochetolic.

8. Terrie Lynn Gelman says:

Oh boy! What fun this will be. Can’t wait to see all of the pictures! Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ terrie lynn

9. Jean says:

I enjoy your tutorials… They are easy to follow and interesting. Thanks for sharing.

10. Miz Kaz says:

Hi Mikey,
    would love to join in, but I live in Australia and no access to the wool. Looking forward to seeing all the pics though 😀
    Miz