Wait For it… Wait for It! My Hands Are Getting Jittery!

Bookmarks

Crochet Book Mark Sock Ties

Why does Red Heart Yarns do this to me?

Another fabulous project that I am excited about. My fingers are starting to twitch and I am getting an evil laugh!

I love unexpected crochet items and this is definitely one of them. I’m not one to read novels but I definitely use crochet pattern books.

I love the colours, love the shaping… I LOVE IT ALL! Look at me, I’m high on yarn fumes! Squeeee!

What else could I use this project for? I’m thinking… Do you have any ideas? Leave me a comment below and share your thoughts!

Get the free pattern at Tie Bookmark Crochet Pattern.

This entry was posted in Accessories / Misc, Red Heart Yarns and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Wait For it… Wait for It! My Hands Are Getting Jittery!

1. Kathy says:

You could make more with scrap yarn and tie on glasses and bottles at your next party and everyone will know their drink. You could glue it to a frame with your dads picture and a quote for a gift.

2. lisa martin says:

would be great for a bachelor party!!

3. Jo says:

Make it longer, and it can go under a door, to stop the wind from coming in. It looks a BIT too bulky to be a bookmark – it would not allow the book to lie flat, and warp the pages.

4. Barbara Jacobs says:

It could be used as an ornament for a aby shir fo a boy. Or an ornaent for a tree at Chrismas.
    A way to atach a gift tag to a gift for a baby boy. Just a few on top of my head.

5. mimmy21122 says:

This is T-riffic! I absolutely love this, Mikey!

6. Carla says:

Show I thought this was not going to work Mikey, but Little Wily will be warm next winter. Whew I think redheart better use a different design. ROFLMBO

7. Trish Webster says:

If you are using it to keep the cookbooks open or any other large book for the matter, I would weight it with beads or pellets so it will lay in the join of the pages and keep them from closing.

8. Debi Shipman says:

My first thought (just looking at the picture, not having read it yet) was that you has finally gone insane and were crocheting uninflated balloons. Having read it now, I can’t think of a thing other than a good old game of pin the tail on the donkey. lol

9. Cindy Lindstrom says:

Obviously, the giraffes all need ties!

10. Think your giraffe would look swell wearing it.

11. galinda wright says:

I actually saw a crochet clip on tie this weekend but for the life of me I cant remember where. But I thought wow that looks pretty good, I wonder if I can make one.lol

12. Pam Godwin says:

It would also look cute on a crochet doll, or teddy bear, cat, rabbit, etc

13. Gloria Hamby says:

Make some ties and use them to make a tie afghan, think it would look great

14. Kathy says:

Ummmm….. I see a wee willy warmer….

15. Pat Reilley says:

Gift package decoration for gifts of shirts, ties and such.

16. Oooh! How about making a much larger, perhaps tweed or argyle patterned one to wear as a scarf that, of course, looks like a big tie?

17. Kitty Koonse says:

Applique several or more to an afghan for Father’s Day – for dad’s, grandpa’s etc.

18. Lydia Wright says:

Make a slightly bigger one for a cute baby photoshoot prop or for a wedding for a slightly older child 🙂

19. We all know that Mikey is both …lol! But Mikey you have got me with this one. My son is a tie loving man and is in seminary with tons and tons of books to read. My mind has just went wild with ideas for these for him! Thank you again for your excitement in bringing us inspiration!

20. marwa says:

Add sides to make hairband or two smaller version and stick a hairclip at the back or magnet to use as fridge magnet😊😍😍😍

21. Jennifer Reynolds says:

I, too, was going to suggest you up size the pattern to make an actual tie you could wear at shows. Simply put a bigger one on an elastic strap that hides under the collar like a child’s tie, or on a clip like any cheesy clip on tie. 😉

22. I was looking at this and thinking it would be great to make all the fathers in my church one of these for “Father’s Day” in June. They could use it as a Bible marker. 🙂

23. adeleanart says:

Looks like a tie as well. Thinking this would look really good for a young mans tie 🙂

24. Jeanne says:

I would use this to make an actual tie. Been dying to do one anyway.

• Jo says:

Have a great grandson who would look good wearing this in the 4th of July parade in Manzanita, Or, at 5 1/2 months old!