Yarn, Yarn & Lots of Yarn

Creativ Festival

Michael Sellick, aka Mikey, teaching at Creativ Festival

The Crochet Crowd exhibits twice a year at Creativ Festival. It is the only time we sell yarn, crochet tools and more.

I know that yarn and money doesn’t grow on trees. You may even have an addiction for yarn, like I do. Knowing this, we provide incredible show deals on everything to make your visit worthwhile.

The hardest part is choosing the yarns months in advance. The yarn is selected by Diva Dan, as he is our live show coordinator. This show, we have 27 brands of yarn. Most of the brands, we have purchased the complete colour lines each each brand. We have the most yarn selections than ever before.

While at the show, we offer a Buy 5 Items, Get 1 Item Free. (Free item is based on the lowest price of the 5 items).

Our yarns are priced to sell out. Like many of our yarns, one of our yarns can be found elsewhere for $6.99 per ball. Our price is $3.95. PLUS, you can combine the yarn with other items to score a free item. This would mean that if you bought 5 balls elsewhere you would spend $35, our price would be $19.75 PLUS you get 1 Extra Ball for free! This is just one brand out of 27! Imagine that!

The First 300 Customers to purchase more than $10 will automatically get a free Red Heart Tote Bag. Limit 1 per person. These bags don’t last long. We get about 700 – 850 customers on the first day alone. We do not save any bags. Once given out, they are gone for the duration of the show.

We do not overstock ourselves for the show as we don’t sell yarn any other time. We intentionally purchase low quantities of a lot of brands to give guests a wide variety of choices. Usually, by the middle of the first day, all of our yarn is on the shelves and the shelves begin to empty out. Crocheters / knitters know a great deal and don’t delay.

While at the festival, we listen to what people are looking for. We are bringing in new items for this show.

• Sets of Crochet Hooks
  • Choices of Comfort Grip Handles such as Tulip and Unique.
  • Afghan Hooks / Tunisian Crochet Hooks
  • Double Ended Crochet Hooks
  • Assorted Fun Finds

This show we will be featuring Stitch Letto Circle for the very first time. Bring your camera! I’ve not given any hints to what Stitch Letto is! It’s a show surprise intended for show guests.

This entry was posted in Crafting Shows and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Yarn, Yarn & Lots of Yarn

1. Sherri Brandt says:

Cannot wait to see you on Friday. Gonna bring lots of cash !!! 🙂

2. Francine St-Denis says:

He’s simply fun. I recommend him for all my friends who are just learning. I teach them but refer them to Mikey as he’s around anytime for them lol

3. Cindy says:

I so wish I could meet you and Diva Dan. I live in the St. Louis, Mo area and just can not make the trip. You guys are the best.

4. Sandi says:

Good Morning another Monday! Hi Mikey & Diva Dan,
    My wish is for a Creativ Festival, here in the U.S. I live in South Florida & only found 2 stores w/yarn. Joann’s & Walmart. Selection this time of year is horrible.
    I wish you much success @ Festival. Anxious to see pictures & hopefully videos of judges trying to choose the hats.
    Have a happy Monday 🙂
    Sandi

• Joan K. Davis says:

I’m with Sandi…living in Northwest Florida (Panhandle), it is very difficult to find the yarns that may be called for in patterns, or that you may want to try out! Walmart and JoAnns Fabrics are the only two places, and their stock is very limited. It would be wonderful for you to have a Creativ Festival here in the U.S…..especially here in the South where our selections are very limited. Still would like to suggest that you allow us (your hooker friends) to vote on the contests…and have two prizes for each winner…one from your judges and one from the “Hooker Community”….I was WOWED by the awesome entries in the “Top Hat” contest!! OMGosh, so much creativity!! Thank you for all you do, and for giving us a community to participate in!
      Happy Easter Week
      Joan

• JaynaDH says:

You may be able to find a Michaels within a short drive of your home. I counted 79 listed in Florida, and the website shows 56 kinds of yarn/wool. Use their store locator to see where the nearest one to you is. 🙂

5. I would love to go. Sounds like fun. Wish they offered the same deal with a special code so we could take advantage of special deals. Oh well, it’s ok, but sure would like to be there for festival. Sounds like sooooo much fun.

6. Sherri says:

Sounds like skeins of fun! Can someone put me in their suitcase so I can go? I don’t take up much room! LOL. Too bad us that r stuck at home can’t buy any online for your great deal… Hope y’all that get to go have a great time (:

7. Diane says:

Wish I could be there. You make it sound like so much fun and so special. Would love to see all the Mad Hatter Hats!!!
    Have a great show!!

8. Dianne Wesenberg says:

I love Mikey and his site…wondering where is this taking place?

9. JaynaDH says:

Do you have the date for the next Festival? I’d like to mark it on my calendar please!

10. Julia says:

I am very much looking forward to the Creative Festival. Hope I get a chance to say Hi to you Mikey! Last time I couldn’t get near you lol.

11. shirley says:

I will bring my own red heart bag that you gave to me on the cruise, so someone else can have one, and I am sure I will fill it up at the show, ha ha

12. neverno2014 says:

This looks like a great deal! And since we don’t really have much to choose from around here it’s a nice chance to at least Look!

13. Elaine Frank says:

Mikey, will you have the reflective yarn? Saw it at Michaels for $7.99/ball. How much is yours?

14. kckat96 says:

Where is the festival held? I would love to come to one but I think I will need to plan ahead as I think your are a longggg way from where I live in VA. Hope you have lots of fun!

15. Bobbie A. of Kernersville, NC says:

OH Man great prices and I wish I could be there to get them!!! I allow myself $40 so I could get a nice variety!! Good luck at the Festival….

16. Lori Johnson says: