While at Creativ Festival, all of the Mad Hats will be exhibit for the general public to see and purchase.
Here is an outline to what will be happening at Creativ Festival in reference to the Mad Hatter Contest.
The entire exhibit will be set up on Thursday April 24th, 2014. Our booth is so large, it is 9 booths large. We are actually separated by an aisle. We have only 8 hours to unload a truck, set up and be consumer ready for the show opening on April 25th, 2014 at 9 am. It is a mad rush.
See an up close view of the Show Floor Plan & Exhibitor List for the entire show.
Show Judging Panel
- The Mad Hatter Exhibit will have the judges take about 3 hours to review all of the hats.
- Due to the overwhelming hats received, the judges are going to pull out 20 of the best.
Judges will be looking at stitch work, imagination, theme relevance & over all quality craftsmanship.
- Once selected by the judges, the 20 hats will be moved to a featured display exhibit for the general public to pick 1 of the 20 hats that are their favourite.
Creativ Festival Show Public Voting
The general public will have all day on Friday from 9 am – 7 pm to cast their vote. Saturday, from 9 am – 2pm. Show closes at 6pm.
- The general public are invited to cast a vote for their favourite.
- Each voter will receive a hand stamp so they may not vote twice.
- Their will be two official representatives at the Mad Hatter Exhibit to take your vote and to answer any questions you may have.
- Each of the 20 hats selected by the judges will be available for the silent auction.
- Each hat will start at $100 CDN each. The public will have a chance to write down their bid on the hat(s) they want to bid on.
- The public can come back and re-bid.
- The silent auction will run all day Friday 9 am – 7 pm to Saturday 9 am – 2 pm. The highest bidder for each hat will win the hat.
- Hats should be picked up 3 pm – 6 pm on Saturday April 26th at the show.
- If shipping is required to send the hat, payment must be Visa or Mastercard. $20 will be added to the bid to cover postage costs.
Proceeds from the Silent Auction will benefit the Student Scholarship Fund Program.
Purchase a Hat & Take Anytime
The hats not selected by the judges will be up for sale and ready to take. Not all hats are meant to wear. Some are so creative that you may want to display your hat as decor and much more.
The hats have been pre-sorted and given a price of $25, $50, $75 or $100. There will be NO TAX on the hats as it’s considered a donation to the Scholarship Fund Program.
Buy 2 or More, Take $5 off Each Hat
- If you purchase 2 or more hats. You can get $5 off each hat you purchase. You can mix and match any of the prices.
- For example, if you purchase 2 hats at $25 each, you will only pay $40 instead of $50.
We will be accepting Cash, Visa, Master Card, & Debit. You can pay for your hats at The Crochet Crowd Main Booth.
- The voting ends at 2 pm Saturday April 26th, 2014. Our official representatives will tally the votes.
- The top 5 winners will each get the $500 gift pack. Two shipments will be sent to these winners. 1 from The Crochet Crowd and the 2nd from Red Heart Yarns.
- The next 10 runners up, as voting on by the public will each receive a $50 yarn sampler from James C Brett & Schachenmayr Yarns. These winners will be mailed their packages.
- We will not hold any hats. The hats will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. If you see a hat you love, better get it right away because if you love it, someone else will too.
- Hats will not have online voting to ensure the voting stay fair and balanced.