Your Feedback for the Crochet Mystery Adventure would be Appreciated

Crochet Mystery Adventure

Your feedback is really important. If you have a few moments, can you take the survey questions below?

We are now at the half way point of the Crochet Mystery Adventure. I’ve been watching postings, seeing enthusiasm and seeing our project come together. We find that our community loves to work on projects together at the same time. It’s great to see each others creativity as we work on it.

Daniel and I have been talking behind the scenes and we are wondering if you mind taking a brief survey. This type of challenge is new for us and I want to gauge reaction half way through so that we can measure if this is a success in the end.

If you have any additional comments, you can find the comment box at the bottom of this blog to leave me your thoughts.

This entry was posted in Crochet Challenges and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to Your Feedback for the Crochet Mystery Adventure would be Appreciated

1. Maria Torres says:

I at first was very excited to be intrigued by a mystery pattern with hints throughout the weeks. And at first I didn’t join in the cal until several days after the first clue. As I was searching for the pattern, I came across many already finished examples of the hint; I had began on Friday night early Saturday I believe. Quite frankly, I was very disappointed that the surprise was ruined for the first hint. When the next clue came out, and I got to the link the following day Wednesday, pictures of already done up legs were posted. Again the surprise was ruined. It was at this point that I decided I would attempt the mystery item at the end when all the hints were given at once because the mystery of a surprise outcome was ruined for me. I’m not sure if my experience is helpful but I thought I’d share with how it was not really a mystery for those of us who have certain time frames in which to begin a project.

2. Cathy Kenny says:

this is so much fun! Really anticipated the clues. Got a bit behind this past week so scurried to catch up 🙂 Thanks for the joy ride!

3. Stacy Camp says:

I can’t wait for today’s clue. What time does it usually post?

4. Nina says:

GREAT FUN!!! Easy to understand directions plus a great video tutorial. Can’t wait for today’s clue. Please do more of these in the future. Thanks Mikey!!

5. jan henson says:

I love it, hope you have more mysteries.I have all my friends guessing.

6. Sand says:

Mikey, i have the head, legs and ears made. I love this mystery challenge. Can’t wait to put it together. Looking forward to this Tuesday to add another part. It is coming together.

7. Fran Thorpe says:

OMG Mikey! This is so awesome!! I’ve never made Amigurumi before! My Grandson keeps wanting to put his Mr. Potato Head pieces in the head of this “creature”!! Thank you so much for all you do!! 🙂

8. Sue says:

I am having a great time with this!!! I’m not exactly sure what it is yet, but that’s the fun of it! Hope we do more of these types of projects. I have to get a card reader in order to get the photos on my computer so I can post my photo of the finished project.

9. Christina Galdamez says:

Been loving it ! My 3 year old has been enjoying it with me because the ” little cuddly” is going to be her at the end, so she has been patiently waiting to see it finished. She carried the head around for a week and now the ears are doing the rounds… She is so excited can’t wait to see her face when I finish.

10. I love this and the whole family is involved in guessing what it is! Amigurumi is one of my most favorite things to crochet and I would love on-going Amigurumi challenges!

11. Robyn Olszowy says:

Great idea and job. Love written instructions and video. One part a week is great. Allows time for real world interruptions and making several at once.

I actually learned the correct stitch to put my marker in.

Thank You.

12. Kathy Hulse says:

Really enjoying the CAL. I have learned a lot, new to crocheting, the only thing I have ever made was Huge Granny Squares and never followed a pattern. The videos are very helpful. The Looking forward to participating in another CAL!

13. Sue Wilson says:

I have really enjoyed following along with this mystery project. I am so thankful for this group and all the interest in an art that was dying.

14. Terrie Lynn Gelman says:

Fun, fun, fun! ~~terrie lynn

15. This project has been fun! It is also teaching me how to do Amigurumi. I have been intimidated about doing that for a long time, so THANK YOU, Mikey! I’m going to try a few other amigurumi critters on my own! The project is also a good size (meaning it’s not horribly time-consuming like an afgan would be). I hope you will do another project after this one. Also…. I love having the video to back up the written instructions!!

16. Fran Butler says:

I think Mikey is bang on. This has been fun. Sometimes I wish we could get a sneak peek into the next week’s clue but my schedule is so crazy and the once per week clue and assignment has given me the chance to do this challenge at my pace and on my schedule – even if it is midnight when I can pick up my hook. I just have to remind myself to be patient when I’m wanting to see next week’s clue. Of course, I have my WIPs to fill in my time when I’m not running around. I love all that you do and hope you can find the time to continue with the unique challenges. You truly give something for everyone and I don’t know how you find the time to do all that you do. My days only have 24 hours and 7 days per week but you must have 24 days in your weeks. You are truly amazing. Thanks to both of you for creating a wonderful community for everyone to learn, share, and grow.

17. Ann Marie says:

Right on,Mikey! Just the right amount of time between clues, a fun project that most everybody will be able to gift or keep. Keep up the GREAT job you are doing. And thank you for all your hard work.

18. Nora says:

I think your bank on with this one!!! I’m loving it and having a great time!! It’s a rhino isn’t it?? Is it?? Is it?? Lol

19. Rosalie says:

Mikey is “bang on”! CALs are fun. I did one once that had a new stich in a square each week. I learned several new stitches. But there were multiples to crochet during the week so you had a large afghan when it was completed. Some weeks were slower than others…Keep up the great work Mikey! Your tutorials are wonderful. I watch them during my lunch break and when I get home I crochet!

20. Pamela says:

Love this i think that it will be a rhino when finished!

21. ttrcy777 says:

I love this idea! I am actually working two at the same time in different colors. How fun! I did have a bit of trouble finding the CAL information from the website. My friend sent me the link and I am so glad she did. Thanks for your hard work! I learned to crochet watching your youtube videos. I have been hooking about a year now. Love it!!

22. Katie says:

I just learned to crochet so this project has been a lot of fun. I learned something new! If I had seen the project first I might not have attempted it. I was so glad that there was a tutorial video to follow along. Thanks for putting the project together and I hope there is another one!

23. nemeanleo says:

I love the mystery crochet along. I now wake up on tuesday excited to see what the next clue is. I don’t care about the prizes or anything because working on the project is the prize to me. Love this community and the fun and excitement this project has brought!I hope you do, do another one Mikey.

• I agree nemeanleo to me prizes are unnecessary as the end result is going to be a cute little friend to keep or give! If we were to do this once a month I would start a little display area for them all!

• Sue says:

I agree with nemeanleo! I am having fun just doing the project.I have an idea of what it might be, but I am probably wrong. LOL

24. Marian says:

I am having so much fun doing this I hope you do a lot more of them. Your videos are excellent my kids have no trouble following you and I love that you also give the printable pattern. Keep up the good work sweetheart and thank you so much for putting such joy into this wonderful craft.

25. Ruth Percy says:

I discovered your site just before the challenge. I have crocheted for years but had two projects not finished. This has motivated me to start again. I just started the afghan that you posted with Tunisian stitch after ordering the mosaic yarn. Something new to learn,just started yesterday. I can’t wait to see what the mystery is!

26. Norma Benz says:

I really like the video tutorials, if I don’t quite understand, I like to repeat viewing them until I do understand.

27. Cindy Benline says:

I love the mystery challenge and so does my family! They are still trying to guess what it is! I have 2 of them in progress and got some more stuff to make more while I wait! Thanks Mikey you are a blast to do this with! Keep it up I look forward to finishing mine and starting a new mystery! Hats off to the crochet crowd!!

28. Patricia says:

I love this mystery adventure, and I must tell you I am fairly new at crocheting but with your instructions and videos I have learned tons of things. The part I like the most is learning new things and be part f a group working all together. LOVE IT!!!!!!!

29. Jari says:

I love the fact that there are written instructions and video instructions. I have a few friends that can’t read the instructions so they didn’t want to participate. That is, until I told them about the videos. Now they are crocheting along with the rest of us.

Thank you so much for doing this!

30. Fern Palmer says:

Love, love, love your CAL. When you started telling us about it, I just couldn’t wait. I have never done something like this. I told my mom and my sister about hardly being able to wait for it to begin. After the first week’s tutorial, video and instructions I couldn’t wait to show them what I did. They kept after me asking when I would be over to show them what I had done. When I did go over to see them they surprised me! They also have been going along with you and did theirs. We now have 3 going on and can’t wait for the next clue and session. Mikey, everything you are doing is perfect! You are giving us the time to get ours done and can also work on our other wips. Just keep doing what you are doing. Can’t wait for the next “secret” project. Thanks for everything you do for us. We really appreciate it!

31. Gede Prama says:

Thank you for your message, and yes I am following. blessings to you!, and Thank you SO much and greetings… 🙂

32. Evelyn says:

I like this kind of mystery crochet but seem, you do awesome videos keep up the great job. even though I been crocheting for over 40 years. You have taught me some new techniques into the crochet world. thank you so much.

33. Pat Baggerly says:

I am enjoying the challenge and the mystery, I am currently doing the texture afghan with red heart as well. I have time to work on other projects and these two crochet alongs. My daughter has just decided to do one as well. I am excited to teach her to crochet. These have been fun and I find myself looking forward to the installments and I feel part of a group even alone.

34. Sonya says:

I love the mystery of this crochet-along, I actually find regular crochet-alongs blah Lol. I started out from the beginning deciding that I was going to give the finished item to my 10 yr old son, so he is also invested in the mystery, seeing a little piece each week of his secret stuffy! It’s been lots of fun so far!

35. Debbie says:

I’m enjoying every bit of it, I don’t feel rushed or left behind. Everything has been really fun and exciting. Thank you Mikey for all your hard work !

36. sharon says:

Am loving this. Not normally into making animals but am always up cor a challenge. Was away when week 2 clue published so must now cat h up.

37. inkpattie says:

ALL of the challenges are fun. Since most of my crocheting is for charity–baby blankets, I have sometimes adapted them to make baby blankets (my pillow with the big flower turned into 9 squares with that cool stitch pattern after the challenge was over), so it gives me a double challenge!

38. Josee Richard says:

I love all challenges,, this mystery challenge is so fun,,, my daughter keeps asking me when the next mystery challenge starts,,,, she wants to try it,,, i keep telling her she still has time for this one lol lol lol ….hte one clue a week is perfect,, gives us time to do other things,,,,.keep doing what you do Mikey ,,,, because you do it good,,,,Thank you for your work, your help. and mostly thank you for being there !!!!!!

39. Jennifer Peterson says:

I think this is great fun! I love making animals for a handmade toy giveaway my family does each December and whatever this turns out to be is great addition to my supply. My whole family and some co-workers are having lots of laughs trying to figure him out. I have started 3 in different colors! Great job Mikey, hope you do more mystery projects!!

40. I have loved this Mystery CAL So far. I am completing 4, 3 kids in the family(not mine) and one for me. I do enjoy the video along with the pattern. This is new to me as I am used to just patterns. The Video helps greatly, thanks Mikey! I eagerly await the next segment in our Mystery.

41. Melissa says:

I’m starting late on this project because my computer died and the instructions don’t print well from my tablet. I’ve got the supplies and I plan to borrow a computer to print the instructions today so I can start this weekend. I am excited to start.

42. Wendy Medlin says:

To build on Mikey’s suggestions in another post for starting a local group, a Mystery CAL like this might be a great way to get started. Your group could meet to watch the video each week and then hook the project together, helping each other and even pooling resources like contrasting yarns, the safety eyes, and the stuffing.

43. I am loving it! It is a true challenge for me. I hope we do another one this summer sometime!

44. tamie says:

Mikey is right on. Thanks for this Challenge. It has been fun so far. I tell everyone I meet about you guys and what fun projects you do. And how you have videos for beginners. Thanks to you and your entire crew. Love you guys

45. loving it – have been wanting to try this type of crochet – a great learning experience – thank you

46. Rose says:

I like that we werr told that our mystery creature would take nearly a full skein of main color but it would be nice to know about how much we would need of the two secondary colors. If we know we only need 10 yrs of a color it might be a good opportunity to use that small ball in the bottom of the yarn stash.

• Terrie Lynn Gelman says:

I sort of had the same thought, Rose. I did use some of my black yarn I had already. Thanks for mentioning this.

47. Judy says:

hopefully he eats his lunch on time, does a great job

48. Janice Flores says:

I think everything is just PERFECT with the mystery CAL!! Clear easy to understand directions WITH a video tutorial make this a great project for ANY level of hooker! Plus with the clues spaced out at 1 per week it gives me time to work on other projects as well.
    LOVE it Mikey! Thanks for all your hard work!!