5 Fabulous Tutorial Video Channels & Their Hosts

Mikey

One lucky person will be randomly selected to receive a Fully Loaded Red Heart Yarn bags compliments of Red Heart and The Crochet Crowd

Being a tutorial host is hard work. For those who attempt to try, they are quickly schooled that the process to create is only a small fraction of the work it takes to run a successful YouTube Tutorial Channel.

Over the years many have come and gone. Others have stuck it out long term and have their own personalities that make them fly high.

Each host has a different perspective of crochet. We love different projects, different teaching methods and different objectives. As a YouTube host, I tend to stay off of any other Tutorial Channel that is related to crochet. I don’t want to be inspired by a trend to duplicate what someone else is doing. In fact, I find it takes away from my creativity that way. Instead, I beat to my own drum.

Here are my list of 5 Fabulous Tutorial Video Channels… for competitive reasons, they are not in any particular order:

1. BobWilson123: Clare from Australia is wonderful. I think I have known Clare as long as I have been running The Crochet Crowd. She’s exceptionally passionate and is the girl you want on your side if you are backed into a corner. I have seen Clare dramatically improve her skills over the years, video presentation skills are fabulous and I have to say I am a sucker for a Aussie Accent.
  2. Crochet Geek: Teresa from the USA is probably the brightest and most intuitive woman in the land of Crochet Tutorials. She is exceptionally smart when it comes to teaching crocheters and leads the way for us hosts here in North America. She runs her channel in keeping her private life off the network. She is dedicated to teaching and is responsible for teaching millions of crocheters over the years. I would describe Teresa as the pioneer of YouTube Crochet Teaching on the face of the planet.
  3. Crochet Hooks You: Paula opens up the world of crochet as a designer that loves to teaching newbie crocheters. She provides great content for people who are getting started and then can build onto their skills as they go. You may enjoy her baby boot tutorials as they are adorable. She is from Australia and an excellent tutorial host.
  4. Yolanda Soto Lopez: A fabulous woman in which I have had the pleasure to meet in 2014. She is passionate, enthusiastic and looks for great ideas to share. Even better, she also speaks Spanish, a skill that I wish I had. She has excellent tutorials for ladies wear, babies and accessories.
  5. Happy Berry Crochet: Laura presents a wonderful cross section of whimsical and fun projects. I have to say, here ideas are really fun and super sweet. She does great little jewellery, appliques and you have to check out her doll house arm chairs. Definitely a channel not to miss.
  6. Trunk Full ‘O’ Fun: Beth from Texas is your next door neighbour in the world of crochet. I have met Beth a couple times. She is really funny but also has a touching soul. She’s the type of woman you would want teaching you crochet as she is patient, helpful and thoughtful about the learning process. She’s an everyday crocheter which makes it a must to visit her channel to get you started and show you ideas to expand you skills.

That’s it for this week’s suggestions. I pride myself in being the best YouTube Host I can be, but the world of crochet doesn’t revolve around me. There are so many other great instructors and YouTube Channels that are worth following as well. If you have an opportunity, take a moment and subscribe to these channels.

This entry was posted in Advice & Tips, Recommendations & Referrals and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to 5 Fabulous Tutorial Video Channels & Their Hosts

1. Dora moro says:

I love Simple Hooked Crochet channel. The host is funny, easy to understand and also, she edits her videos very well, without omitting important details and notes. She dedicates so much time to do the her crafts on screen. I truly recommend her tutorials.

2. Tammy Lee says:

When does the new part

Sent from my iPad

3. marian says:

Thanks for sharing the info, I like the way you teach so I will stick to your tutorials.

4. Oh Mikey,
    I have only seen one of these sites and am so glad you have shared them with us. I only have begun to explore crocheting in the last 3 months and truly have learned a lot from you. It’s been a great find for me to explore, learn, and share in the world of crocheting.

It is nice to know and see the many different learning techniques and the wonderful and versatile personalities on the you tube tutorials. I truly respect and admire the many hours it takes to do the videos for your followers/fans. (I used to do blogs on my Scrapbooking, paper arts, and cards-not videos though—not enough time in my day)

I really thank my lucky stars you will share your cohorts in the Crocheting Blogs/Video world. SO many think it’s not wise to do so, But I say, (in Customer Service) There is always enough room for all of us to share our talents, products, and any items we peddle. There is also an opportunity to grow and learn from each other as well.
    Customers, followers, & fans of anything, will always make up there minds as to whom they want to go to for products, ideas, and so on. You can’t force them into just one particular way. That’s the freedom of choice. So, Why not share others techniques, talents, and products. Especially if you do not offer them or limited on time. We only have so much time in a day, only two hands, and only enough room to do what ever it is we peddle.

These sites will help me learn more, to add to my to do lists, and even be more creative.
    THANK YOU, Once again.

5. Cindy says:

Mikey I love the lists you have been sending out. Really helps with my learning as a new hooker. You do such a great job for us. Cindy O

6. Using the videos to learn new crochet techniques is a must in my world where patterns are often in not in UK terminology. I stick to those by The Crochet Crowd because I know they are dependable and I can see clearly how it is done.

7. Roxann says:

Mikey, you are second to none. I love all the crochet sites but you’re the best!

8. As much as I could use the yarn and bag, I am not good at explaining how to do something. I tend to stay with The Crochet Crowd, I like how you describe everything.

9. Cathy says:

Agreed. I am familiar with some of the aforementioned, and they are wonderful. However, once I latched onto The Crochet Crowd, I was “hooked”. No pun intended. I’m afraid you’re stuck with me, Mikey:)

10. Janice Flores says:

LOVE Claire from Bob Wilson, Love Yolanda Soto Lopez & Happy Berry Crochet as well as the Crochet Geek…Off to check out the other 2! THANKS Mikey!!

11. Verlinda Rankin says:

I Love them all, and subscribe to there Channels. I have made many beautiful items from these Ladies, as well as the Crochet Crowd. Excellent choice !!

12. Jennifer Crewe says:

I think Happy Berry Crochet is the only one of those channels that I don’t already subscribe to. I love them all and can say that I have learned a lot from each one of those presenters it is wonderful that we can get so much free help with our hobby.