The Hexagonal Market Bag Pattern

Get the free crochet pattern for shopping bags

Re-Useable Shopping Bags

I make great effort to reduce my environmental footprint to reduce plastic consumption. With nearly all stores in my part of the world who charge for bags to put up a barrier to want to buy the bag, I take my own bags into the grocery stores. In some cases, you can get a discount, though minor, for bringing in your own bag. A penny saved is a penny earned.

I’m looking at my stash and know I can do something like this. Imagine the endless colour combinations you can do.

Interested in this free pattern, It’s called the Hexagonal Market Bag. Use your Lion Brand free membership to access this pattern.

This entry was posted in Accessories / Misc, Lion Brand Yarns and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Hexagonal Market Bag Pattern

1. GrammyB says:

Great hint for using cotton yarn

2. lagloriag70@hotmail.com says:

I love you Mickey you are the best teacher and I love the things you do thanks for this beautiful bag. I love it.

3. Phyllis Filbeck says:

I used cotton yarn and it turned out great!!

4. 6trude says:

I love this bag. I am compiling a bag collection. This looks like a good stash buster pattern. Do you think it would be all right to combine different fibers in a bag?

5. Rose Smith says:

I live in Wales, where all bags in all shops are sold and not free any more. I carry bags in both cars and one in my handbag for emergencies. Not even the take-outs will “GIVE’ you a bag here in Wales….UK

6. Carrie says:

I had thought about making these, but I was worried about them stretching out. some of those groceries are pretty heavy~ any comments from someone who has made and used them to carry canned goods, for instance?

7. dancinggirl75 says:

Thanks Mikey. I made one a while back, and yes, I take my own bags to the stores. They give back $.02-$.05 cants for each bag. NEVER BUY BAGS. This is a great pattern.