In the world of crochet, there are 1000’s of us inspiring people each day. These people are mini celebrities within themselves. You know them as bloggers.
Blogging is something that took me a long time to develop the skills. My friends at AllFreeCrochet taught me the art of blogger. During my learning process, I felt like I was being beaten over and over. It’s a skill that many people don’t realize exists. I mean, committing to a schedule was really tough for me. Things that were irrelevant or just not of interest. Bloggers depend on great success in the sense of others getting the word out about their blog.
Today, it is much harder to blog and become large due to the competition but also community rules within Facebook and other social websites has made it more difficult. For example, it’s considered spam if you go to other Facebook Pages or just start randomly dropping your URL into websites. You need partnerships and relationships between yourself and people of influence.
Bloggers are more important today than ever before. Your opinion counts. When people are looking for bloggers, they are looking at your blog as the decision factor to see your comittment and writing style. If you are passive, energetic or a sharp edge of a knife to avoid. In today’s very sensitive world of being politically correct, I find blogging harder than ever. My humour, to some cultures is offensive and people get their knickers in a knot… YET I know we have heard and seen worst on prime time television.
The following is my list of worthy bloggers to follow when it comes to crochet. List is no particular order.
- Moogly – Consistent, visually interesting and consistent in content.
- Cre8tion Crochet – I know Lorene in person and her personality. Her blog is a great representation of her.
- According to Matt – Absolutely love the presentation. This is one of my ultimate favourites. I love how his personality is non-formal and you seem to get to know him through his blog. Excellent writing that brings me back to read more.
- Red Heart Blog – You may not have realized that Red Heart now has guest bloggers. The articles have really changed and are a lot more engaging than ever before. See what’s changed.
- Design Wars – One of the best for visual and organization in the world of crochet. Salena, the owner/writer, is really well spoken and really nice too.
- Goodknits – Heavy in photos and ideas. Definitely a go to blog to pick up tips and ideas.
- Crochet Concupiscence – Incredible, dynamic and totally worth the visit each time.
- Bev’s Country Cottage Blog – I’m a huge fan of Bev. In fact, one of our videos used one of her patterns back in 2009.
- Crochet in Color – Mix of personal life with lots of learning opportunities. She seems to hit the nail on the head for the everyday crocheter.
- Crochet Geek – Teresa Richardson of YouTube has a dynamic blog of patterns and learning opportunities. I’m a huge fan of Teresa’s work.
Do you have a blog? Chances are that I don’t know about it. Leave me you comments below with your URL for your website. I’m looking for dynamic people to highlight.
How do you feel about blogging? What entices you to follow a blog… leave me your comments below too.