Are you ready for a Mystery Crochet Along?
I’ve been busy filming up tutorials and preparing for this mystery challenge. The mystery crochet along will last 4 weeks with each Tuesday being another launch of clues (some of the pattern). Red Heart Yarns has been gracious enough to allow us to use one of their patterns that hasn’t been released before. It’s a brand new pattern!
Your first clue will be released on Tuesday Afternoon at 2pm EST, April 1st, 2014. Clues will be on on Apr 1, 8, 15 and 22nd. You will have until May 6th, 2014 to send us an email with a photo of your finished project.
If you get our newsletters, you will be notified first and have it delivered to your inbox. You can add yourself to our newsletters by simply signing up here.
To ensure you don’t disqualify yourself, don’t assume you know what the pattern is and finish it without all of the pattern being released. The clues must be followed so the pattern is completed. At the end, you can embellish or add y our own touches but the main pattern has to be completed done first. A random selection at the end will be chosen for receiving a fully loaded Red Heart Yarn Bag and Crochet Crowd Gifts.
You can always make more mystery projects. Each submission is a separate entry to qualify. You could even make multiple projects in stages throughout the 4 weeks. In all, this project took me 2 days to make from start to finish. Spreading it over 4 weeks can give anyone the advantage of doing several at the same time in stages without feeling burdened.
Part of the mystery is not knowing what it is. People are wanting to know which colours to pick… but that’s the fun. Each of us are going to have our interpretations for the same pattern. I would bet anyone right now that the finale is going to have an entire gallery of the most adorable bunch of projects you have ever seen.
- 3 Colours of Red Heart Super Saver, Red Heart With Love and/or equivalent yarn. My sample is done with Red Heart With Love as it’s softer than Super Saver. 1 Colour of the 3 will be the main colour which you will need nearly 1 ball. The other two are accenting colours. I’m not going to tell you which colours. Based on the clues below, you may come up with your own ideas of what the item might be and use colours that you think would be great together. This will allow all of us to come up with many different colour versions of the same item.
- 5.5 or Size I Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
- Stitch Markers
- 1/2″ – 1″ Diameter Safety Eyes. My sample has 1/2″ but I wish they were slightly bigger. I highly recommend getting safety eyes that look more like real eyes with pupils. It will make your item look more realistic and far more cuter. (Here’s A Blog on using Safety Eyes)
- Fiberfill Stuffing. (You can find this at Walmart) If you know how to crochet eyes, you can crochet them instead of using Safety Eyes. The tutorial will not include crocheting the eyes.
- A Shoebox or storage box to store your items as you finish your homework each week.
For a list of rules and guidelines, please see guidelines.
Let’s have fun and the adventure begins April 1st, 2014. See you then!