Yesterday, I launched our feature challenge for this month. It’s a project that is intentionally versatile allowing our crocheters to do 1 of 3 concepts. Crocheters can either do a button up cowl, full length scarf or even an afghan. OR… they can do as many of the projects as they wish. Each finished sample is a new entry. To keep our challenge fair, we have assigned 3 different entry points.
- Button Up Cowl is worth 1 Entry
- Full length scarf is worth 2 Entries
- Afghan (Baby Size or Larger) is worth 6 Entries
Though our guidelines has the information written already, I will mention a few items as I think people are skipping over reading the instructions.
- You can use any yarn you wish… which means any colour, brand and etc.
- The pattern must be followed, you cannot submit another project as a substitute. This would defeat the point of the challenge.
- Part of the afghan element in this challenge is to figure out the stitch counts by using the Multiple Stitch counts as provided in the pattern. The point of this challenge is to be able to understand the instructions and manipulate the pattern to suit you needs. I could have given you the stitch counts but then the point of learning something is skipped.
- You must email a picture of your entry. There is no per-registration required.
- If you want your item to appear on Facebook, you need to post it yourself. We only upload your photo to our official FLICKR gallery only.
For the free pattern, video tutorial and more details, please visit, Spring Has Sprung Crochet Challenge.