Diva Dan Reveals His Inner Colours, 70 Mixes of Colours

Watermelon Twist of ColoursOne of Diva Dan’s amazing gifts is the ability to blend colours together. It comes from years of reading Home and Garden based magazines as well as working in the garden industry. He has a sense of colour combos and the excellent usage of having accent colours to make things go ‘POP’. Trust me… it’s a gift I envy!

As a challenge, I asked Daniel to take Red Heart Super Saver and mix up the colours to create interesting colour blends. Each colour blend uses 5 different colours. It doesn’t mean you need to use all 5. It will give you perspective and an advance preview of what colours would do together.

His large pictures will give you great help in the yarn aisles when deciding colours. He has provided the name of the yarn ball as well as the code number that appears on the package.

Daniel has figured out over 70 different blends. You can see them all at Trendy Colours Collections By Diva Dan.

We are wondering what other brands of yarn you would like Diva Dan to try to do trendy colour mixes with? Leave you comments below.

This entry was posted in Advice & Tips, Yarn and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Diva Dan Reveals His Inner Colours, 70 Mixes of Colours

1. Frances says:

I am blessed with the husband I have. He to can come up with color combinations I would never have put together but the project looks awesome when done. I discovered his gift the year I was stuck in the house due to cancer treatment and I would send him to the store to get me some yarn telling him to get something that looked good.(. I just celebrated 4 years without reaccurance! Our 7th anniversary this summer.)

2. I just love Dan’s color combos. I work mostly with variegated yarns because I don’t like my combos, but Dan always has a set that I like. Thanks for your creativity

3. Yes, Caron Simply Soft (my second favorite yarn) and Lion’s Homespun (my favorite). I like making afghans, but I get bored with just one color. Homespun is great for afghans, but I have so much trouble figuring how to mix & match the tweeded colors. Diva Dan, please help!

4. dancinggirl75 says:

As Kathleen said, Amazing color coordinates. Love them. I’m always very critical of my colors. Red heart yarn is my #1 choice when crocheting, but I tend to change once in a while to Vanna White’s yarn. It’s softer for babies/ The colors Diva made are spectacular. Nice matches. I just printed the “chart” out for my reference when I go to different projects. Thanks Diva Dan.

5. Kathleen says:

Amazing diva dan! You truly have a gift! color is something I really struggle with! Thank you! Would love to see it in lion brand vannas colors. Beautiful! Thank you thank you! Love the site and blog great job Mikey and Dan !

6. IAngela Fletcher says:

I would love to see colors from Caron’s simply soft yarn. I love the way it drapes and feels. And some baby yarns too! Thanks!!

7. Kimcrops says:

Red Heart with Love and a cotton yarn would be great!

8. Sue says:

Thank you Diva Dan!!!! Love all the color combos. I can see them being used in not only in crocheting, but in redoing a living space. I like purples. I can see my bathroom in the Lilac Garden or Lavender Fields or Lavender Potpourri. All are so very nice. Thank you too Mikey and Cathy for all your hard work for the Crochet Crowd This site/group is very inspirational in my crocheting and in my life.

9. I agree with Heartland by Lion Brand. Awesome colors.

10. Ana Alva says:

The color combinations are great once again! Question: is there a way the picture of the color combos can be larger? I can hardly see the names of each color. Just asking. Thanks!

11. inkpattie says:

Lion Brand Heartland. Each individual color is beautiful, but there aren’t many light colors, so it’s hard to see how to mix multiples other than any color with the beigey color.

12. Maureen says:

What pretty combinations. Thank you Dan! this is something I find challenging so I really admire your skilled eye. I know I will be using many of these in my projects 🙂

13. Mary says:

We will all be suggesting our favorites, but Bernat Super Value and Vanna’s Choice would cover a bit of ground in yarn feel, not pricey, and generally available.

14. Marcela says:

Maybe: I love this Yarn! Or,,Vanna’s, or Caron simply soft or loops & treads Immpecable 🙂

15. Ellaree Smith says:

Vanna’s Choice, please.

16. Judy Phelps says:

Thank you for sharing Diva Dan and Mikey. Love the color combinations, and the Title’s are so, so fitting for each. Just allows me to visualize the scene when I see the colors and Titles. You guys are just fantastically remarkable. 🙂

17. Laura says:

Thanks Diva Dan, and Mikey too! I am also color challenged love the wonderful color combinations Diva Dan came up with. I would like to see this in Caron Simply Soft and Vanna’s Choice as well. Thanks for everything you both do for the Crochet world!!!

18. What about “Vanna’s Choice yarn? There are so many colors to choose from, it can get overwhelming!

19. Diva Dan I am setting here waiting to be awarded all of the colors you have selected!!! I Love Color and Bright ones are my weakness and you balanced bright with tone down colors. Brilliant just Brilliant. I am waiting for all of the colors to show up on my door steps!!! Have a Nice Day !!!!

20. Love all his combos! How about using Caron Simply Soft? Or a cotton yarn?

• livingxdeadxgrrl says:

Oh yes! I meant to say Caron Simply Soft but said Super Soft instead. I guess because I always think “this yarn is so super soft”.

21. shirley says:

Hi Dan, nice colors, If I ever get some Red Heart I love yarn here in canada, I would like you to do the same with it, thanks

22. Vicky says:

Vanna’s Choice?

23. Loretta Burnham says:

I, just love,love the colors that Diva Dans puts together.

24. Doris says:

Thank You Diva Dan, as I am color challenged.
    This really helps alot…..
    I Love You Guys

25. livingxdeadxgrrl says:

Red Heart with Love would be great. There are a lot of colors, it’s affordable, and feels much softer than the Super Saver line.

Caron Super Soft would be great too for the same reasons. The yarn is very soft,

26. Julie Yeager says:

Love these combos! I would love to see what Dan comes up with using Vanna’s Choice!

27. Nancy deGans says:

how about Bernat Satin…it is one of my favourite yarns…thanks nancy

28. Samantha says:

Caron Simply Soft please!