Where Did I Get My Tunisian Hooks?

Tunisian Crochet Hook

Tunisian Crochet Hooks, Set

I have received a lot of email pertaining to where I have picked up my Tunisian Crochet Hooks as seen in my videos. I actually had to get them online as I find purchasing a set is a lot cheaper than trying to pick up 1 or 2 sizes.

These sizes range from 2.0 mm to 8.0 mm. For my American Friends, they are ranging from D to L sizes. They are just over 10.5″ long each.

Though I have read the reviews on this product. I never had a problem. The average customer review is 4 out of 5. I think more of the squeaky wheels are commenting on this product than the people actually satisfied with it.

Keep in mind, one of the reviews said “Cheaply Made”… ummm yeah, what do you expect for an entire set for $9.10 USD.

If you are looking to experiment with Tunisian and don’t want to invest a lot of money, these would be a great starter set to try. If you love Tunisian and you think it’s something you want to play with further, you can always invest in higher quality tools in the future.

See this set at Mikey’s Online Shoppe – 11Pcs 2-8mm 10.6″ Multicolour Aluminum TUNISIAN/AFGHAN Crochet Hook Knit Needles.

This entry was posted in Product & Service Reviews, Tunisian and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Where Did I Get My Tunisian Hooks?

1. Shirley Scaff says:

I’m looking for 19 mm Tunisian hook for a sweater to crochet. I haven’t been able to find one. Do know a source?

2. Kelcey says:

I love Tunisian crochet! But when making an afghan even the 14″ hooks can be hard for me to work with, so I finally invested in a set of Knitter’s Pride Dreamz interchangeable hooks. They are GREAT!

3. Donna says:

I gotta say about your “what do you expect for $9 for a set of hooks” comment when people complained they were cheaply made. I have to agree with you but you are not going to stop the complainers. I once knew a woman who was having a FIT over the poor quality of an item she purchased at THE DOLLAR STORE. I was like…ummmm…it’s a buck. Get over it. She didn’t appreciate me very much! LOL

4. I use DENISE INTERCHANGEABLE CROCHET HOOK SET when I do Tunisian crochet.

5. Diane says:

I bought a set of bamboo ones and a set of these. I would rather use these than the bamboo ones.
    Cheers

• Sheri says:

Yes I agree the Bamboo ones I got are horrible , they’re not straight and the hook part isn’t cut right, it won’t pick up the yarn!

6. Mancy Pants says:

Mikey , it says they won’t ship too my address? …..but……..but…..they shipped to you in and your in Ontario just the same , I am baffled

7. Barbara says:

I love working with my Tunisian hooks. I make Afghan/blankets with mine. My husband ground down the end & attached a plastic tube. Made doing the rows much, much easier. Then I saw that they do have Tunisian hooks with something like that. Here I thought I had an original. Lol.

My first ever Tunisian hook my husband found at a thrift store it has a hook at either end. The down side, I have no idea size it is. There are no markings on it at all. I don’t even know who made it. So far that is original. Lol.

• Lonna Volson says:

Barbara, hold it against one of your regular hooks of similar size until you find they are the same. Then either write the size on it with a permanent marker or lightly scratch it onto the side of the hook. I bought some of those hooks many years ago and that is what I had to do. I hope this helps you out.

8. Kal&Shirley Jakonen says:

looking for red heart I love in canada????
    help please

9. Sandy Quinn says:

I have the Tunisian hooks but would love to get the swivel hooks.

10. marie Bragg says:

just ordered the set thanks for the info it saves me money also bought the super ball winder ,until i saw one of your tutorials i never knew they existed I bought one for the regular skeins it has saved me a lot of yarn and work untangling I put rubber bands around the balls to keep from untangling love your hints

11. Natishia says:

I find the little wooden ones from Clover are fun to experiment with. They are double ended which is fun to try.

12. Lynn says:

I’m going to start a project that says I need the Tunusian hook and I had already planned to purchase the very ones you bought regardless of comments I too read, but then I noticed the pattern said it should be double hooks?? I’m fairly new to this so is there different tunisian hooks?

• Education InspirationAlifus says:

Double hooks have a hook on each end. I’ll link a picture to show what I mean.

They are heaps of fun to play with and I would recommend buying them if I were you, You can then use them as a normal tunisian hook as well.

• kylie says:

double hooks are crochet hooks with a hook at each end. hope this helps you…

• Kelcey says:

Double ended hooks are sometimes called “crohooks”. Hope that helps.