I hook in bed, that’s no secret. It’s when all of my work duties are done for the day and I get to crochet. It’s the best time of the day for me. I had a moment that made me daydream last night.
I’m hooking up an afghan that I haven’t yet shown publicly yet. I’m really proud of it. Daniel and I have been watching a series on the Egyptian History on Netflix. As I have said, I have probably heard more TV in my lifetime than I have actually watched as I crochet and glance at the TV.
- Here I am taking some balls of yarn and making an afghan. An afghan that doesn’t exist in the world and is being created with my own hands. Though i am following an existing pattern, this afghan is for me and is something that I am really excited about. The joy in my hands that will be unleashed when I am done is an addiction high that I love.
- Here I am watching (more listening) a documentary series about Egypt. My mind is being enriched with knowledge as I am working on my afghan.
- Riverstone is on my left sleeping at the side of my thigh.
- Dimitri is sleeping near my feet.
- Diva Dan is on my right playing Candy Crush.
I realized, everything is right in the world. It was a moment to savour. Though I feel stressed most of the time, at this moment… the world was calm, perfect and I am where am meant to be at this time of my life.