The Crochet Crowd Wins Silver Play Award from YouTube

Mikey

The Crochet Crowd wins Silver Play Award from YouTube.

I just found out yesterday that The Crochet Crowd won a Silver Play Award from YouTube. I cannot tell you how much it means to Cathy and I to win this award. The hours involved in working with YouTube reaches into the 10’s of thousands of hours to do what we have done.

Though I produce the videos and ect, our Cathy, helps as many people as possible with comments and etc. There is no possible way for me to run this on my own as we are about to topple 200,000 subscribers on YouTube.

To put into perspective, our posts on Facebook reaches from 800,000 – 1.4 Million people who view our content in just a 7 day period. For a little team that we have, we are running virtually a metropolitan of traffic all focused on crochet. It is phenomenal to think that crochet could be this exciting. Personally, crochet has always been exciting but it’s nice to have a dedicated community to celebrate that fact each day.

This is our 2nd Major Award with YouTube. We won in July 2012 for the On The Rise Program. This was our winning video below. It will take you on a mini journey of The Crochet Crowd. For our entire team, this video touches our community, touches our charitable hearts and reminds us of the work we have done. I tear up when seeing this video.

This entry was posted in Announcements and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to The Crochet Crowd Wins Silver Play Award from YouTube

1. Cathy Kenny says:

Congrats Michael & the rest of the crew! But dang it; I didn’t need to cry this morning😉 The video re your first award brought me to years also! So proud & happy to be part of the community! Thanks ever so much!!!

• Sandy Quinn says:

Cathy, you Mikey and Diva Dan are an awesome team. I learned how to crochet from the crochet crowd. I want to say congrats to you 3 for a wonderful job. Have a wonderful day.

2. Sandy Quinn says:

Congradulations! Your an awesome crochet teacher keep up the good work. Your tuitorials are the best. Have a wonderful day Mikey and diva Dan.

3. Cheryl says:

Congrats! You do such an awesome job and are VERY deserving of this award!!!

4. Minerva says:

Congratulations Mikey and Cathy on your well deserve award, you have done a magnificent job.

5. Michelle Wohlgemuth says:

Congrats you deserve it!!!!!

6. Karen says:

AWESOME! Congrats!

7. Fran says:

Congratulations. Very well deserved.

8. Cathy says:

Congrats!!!!!!!

9. Way to Go Mikey!!! You and your staff have made such a difference in my life and I am sure many others. I ran across you on Youtube totally by mistake and randomly. I rarely, until I found you evenlooked on YouTube. But Somehow there you were. I have tried many times over the past 50 years to teach myself to crochet and I could never sort out what a pattern meant nor how the stitches were suppose to be done. I did a lot of guessing. I knew how to chain stitch, single stitch and double stitch, and half double stitch kind of by mistake. And I didn’t know how to make anything. The video that caught my eye was on the Circular Motif. It was beautiful and even though I knew I could never do something as amazing as that I continued to watch you, and then I realized I did know how to do the 3 stitches it took to do what you were doing and you made it simple enough I could really understand and follow along, rewind, follow along, rewind, etc. until I actually made my 1st of many prayer shawls from that pattern. I started devouring the crochet videos on YouTube but though there were a few others I learned a bit from, No one explains things in such a complete and simplified way so I could understand. I watch you constantly. Your voice has become such a comfort to me that when I am lonely or stress, or sick, I turn to you on Youtube just to hear your voice and I have been crocheting constantly since that time in the spring of 2013 when I first found you. I am a shut-in, on oxygen 24/7, unable to get around much, going on over 10 years now, and any friends I had have their own lives and since I’m not a part of that anymore, I never hear from anyone, or at least rarely, so your voice has become my connection with the outside world and I have learned from you how to be creative and productive again, even in my small little world of a chair which is my bed as well as my computer chair because if I lie down I stop breathing. My husband made a rolling table to pull my computer over the end of my chaise two armed chair, so I can have my computer at all times and I crochet and knit and put prayers in the stitches for those I give what I make to, those who have cancer, who are on dialysis, going in for surgery had a spouse or child die, etc. some have gone as far away as Ireland, Australia, the Philippines, all over the US, shore to shore, from Canada, to the Mexican border. There is a lady at the church whom my husband takes my finished things to on his way to and from work, and she sees to it that they get to someone who needs their comfort in their lives. I am so glad that youtube has given you these awards, because you give so much and touch so many lives, and through those you touch, as an extension, you are touching the lives of those they touch. God Bless you, Mikey. Hugs to Diva Dan, Cathy and all and any of your helpers as you reach out and touch even the littlest corners of the world; even me in my little isolated corner, in the high desert of northern Nevada, USA, Ellen

• Gayle Suggs says:

Ellen, I cannot tell you how much your post touched me! I hope that Mikey will come back and read it again and again whenever he is down. What an inspiration you are! You have not let illness get you down or stop you from being a productive, contributing member of society and you are giving in your own way – how WONDERFUL! And you are one person. One example of what is possible. I know there are many others (myself included) who have learned and had an impact on others (not to mention being better people ourselves because we’ve stretched beyond our limits to learn something new with his help). I learned some of the basics years ago, but have learned a LOT more in the past 12 months simply from the Internet and much of it from Mikey and his marvelous “how to” videos. Last winter, I was leading a group of people from my church is making scarves to send to an orphanage in Swaziland (near South Africa). Folks could knit or crochet the scarves. They didn’t have to follow any particular pattern. I had several ladies who didn’t know how to knit or crochet who wanted to learn, so I got on the Internet to see if I could find any “how to” videos for them and/or free patterns for them. That’s how I found Mikey and started sharing his videos with others – what a blessing!

• Sandy Quinn says:

This is and amazing story it reminded me of my mom when she was home ridden. I use to tell her mom you need to crochet to keep your mind off of other things. I know if she would have learned how to crochet she would have loved it. But she is gone now. But this story really touched me and I hope Mikey and the crochet crowd read this touching story.

10. grammywindy says:

And congrats to Diva Dan, too! The man behind the scenes giving much support! Mike, Dan & Cathy are deserving of this award! You do great work!

11. Rachel Martinez says:

Yay! This is awesome! I know that I, personally recommend your channel all the time.

12. Cindy Talley says:

Congratulations!! You deserve it 🙂

13. Diane says:

Yay Mikey! I’m so happy that you have been recognized for all you are accomplishing! You can be proud! Hugs. Diane