Pattern Revealed… Button Up Cowl

Button Up Crochet CowlIn yesterday’s newsletter, I showed you a scarf that has created a wild pattern feeding frenzy!

The pattern is called Button Up Neck Warmer Crochet Pattern. I crocheted up samples for The Crochet Crowd Cruises as this was one of the patterns we covered. On the way to Miami on the plane, I had Lion Brand Unique Yarn in my carry on luggage. Just for kicks and to absorb my time sitting on the plane, I decided to make the same pattern using the Lion Brand Yarn to see the colors and to make a much larger sample.

Scarf Pattern

In my scarf, as depicted on the right, I used two balls of Lion Brand Unique Yarn. I couldn’t believe how long the scarf was when I was finished. I could have done the same thing with Red Heart’s Boutique Treasure as well. Both yarn lines are incredible for transitional colours.

As I said on The Crochet Crowd Cruises, the starting of this pattern is a bit rough as you second guess yourself. However, once you get started and start trusting in yourself, the pattern goes really quickly and is a lot of fun.

I think the designer of this scarf did an incredible job.

This entry was posted in Red Heart Yarns, Scarves and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Pattern Revealed… Button Up Cowl

1. Wilda says:

Mikey is definatelly NOT out to lunch. His enthusiasm is contagious.

2. Sandi says:

Good Friday Morning, Mikey,
    I ask myself, why isn’t there more Mikey’s in this crazy world we live in? I’m assuming there are some, but, difficult to locate.
    I have “O” confidence in myself, relating to your beautiful, unique crochet patterns. I try to follow your tutorials, but, some are overly complicated for me.Maybe I have dyslexia, I don’t know.
    I have been un-employed since 2008. Seriously, I am a young 70yr.old grandma, that has to work. My husband has had 6 major surgeries (including heart bypass) & cannot work.
    I’ve struggled to look for employment here in good ole U.S.A.
    To keep my sanity & level headiness, I stumbled on your site in 2008 & have avidly followed you everyday!
    YOU, yes, YOU, keep my sanity in tack.
    Give yourself a big pat on the back, for your kind words of wisdom.
    Smooth sailing & may the wind always be at your back,
    God Bless
    Sandi Bowers

3. Pearl says:

I love this yarn …. I will probably have to order it on line….

4. Diane says:

Beautiful. Thanks Mikey.

5. yvette says:

Mikey, do you have this pattern in knit? Love your choice of yarn . You do fabulous work!!! Thanks

6. mickey tucker says:

I have made several of these button scarves and love the pattern…. never thought of making it a long one…really like the idea…thank you mikey

7. Phyllis Filbeck says:

Beautiful, Mikey! You do such nice work!! Love the yarn too!

8. Janice Flores says:

I like your long scarf way better than the cowl!!

9. Susan Grundy says:

Can you recommend a substitute yarn for here in the UK

10. Cathy Kenny says:

I sure enjoyed this pattern & the yarn I was given on the Mexico Cruise! Just have to upload my photo 🙂

11. Rain Corr says:

Where can we get the pattern for the longer scarf?

12. Judy Phelps says: