On December 15th, 2013 – January 15th, 2014, we have been running our very first survey. The question was open to anyone that would wish to answer. The voting was protected by computer software to avoid any question from being spammed or showing false results. I’m providing the top 3 answers for each question.
All answers have been rounded up to the nearly full percentage point. Approximately 500 people voted in this process.
Best Crochet Magazine of 2013
- Crochet Today Magazine – 27%
- Crochet World Magazine- 26%
- Simply Crochet Magazine – 19%
Yarns Most Preferred by Crochet Crowders
- Red Heart Yarns – 30%
- Lion Brand Yarns – 22%
- Bernat – 21%
Best Crochet Hook Brands
- Boye Hooks – 39%
- Susan Bates – 27%
- Clover – 11%
Best Free Pattern Crochet Website (Crochet Crowd was Exempt)
- AllFreeCrochet.com – 36%
- Crochet Pattern Central – 18%
- FreePatterns.com – 16%
Best Major Retailer for Yarn
- Joannes – 32%
- Walmart – 23%
- Michaels Stores – 21%
When Needing Help… What Do You Do?
- Search YouTube for Solutions – 33%
- Search Conventional Search Engines – 30%
- Go to Forums / Community Facebook Pages – 19%
Where Do You Get Most of Your Inspiration?
- Search Known Trusted Pattern Websites – 30%
- Facebook / Community Forums to see what others are doing – 21%
- Thumb through pattern books – 19%
Patterns Purchased Last Year
- Downloaded Individual Patterns or Pattern eBooks – 40%
- Bought a physical pattern book – 30%
- Did not buy any patterns in 2013 – 27%
Can You Read A Pattern
- Can Read Patterns Comfortably – 62%
- Can Read Patterns But Needs A Bit of Help from Time To Time – 30%
- Cannot read patterns at all – 2%
Thank you to all who voted. Does any of the information above surprise you? I would love to hear your feedback. Leave me a comment or two below.