I get discouraging emails from people who cross compare their lives, their skills and make assumptions based on what others have achieved or have ‘perceived’ to have achieved.
Though society claims to be community oriented and for the betterment of human kind, truth is this… and some of you will jump up and say Halleluiah and others will be in strong self denial. We as a human race are conditioned to be competitive and selfish. This my friends is what leads many of us, including me, into depressive states of mind and much more.
Today, while reading the inbox. A woman is really down on herself that she is unable to accomplish what others have on The Crochet Crowd. The projects she does isn’t to the caliber of others posting. She’s upset and feels she will never be good enough.
LISTEN MY CROCHETER FRIENDS
If I died tomorrow, please remember this of me.
- Your self worth is doing the very best you can.
- We are not meant to have equal skills. We each have skills and dreams that differ from each other. The skills Daniel has are skills I don’t have but I have other skills he doesn’t. Instead of fighting it and being jealous of it, we work together to create the ultimate dream team working environment. We embrace the differences we have instead of trying to over take each other.
- Your attitude can change your day and life instantly. If you are a negative individual, you will attract negative people and negative situations. If you are positive and look at life with optimism, it will give your day an unbelievable radiance that carries you through.
- You will go farther in life by working together than by trying to be better than everyone else.
- You will always have someone that will kick your butt in anything you do. The key is trying not to let it get to you.
- Each of us bring something valuable to society. We all have value. It could be your skills, attitude, friendliness, kindness and much more.
My friends, it’s not about who is better or trying to achieve what your neighbour has… it’s about sharing and community. It’s about praising others with positive comments and thoughts as it will come back to you. The saying of “Give and you shall receive” isn’t about giving money and receiving it back, in my opinion… it’s about giving yourself and being thoughtful and courteous… it’s not monetary… but humanitarian. Once we all get that… this blue spec of dust that we ride around on the solar system will be a much nicer place to be.