It’s ‘Baby New Year’ with Mikey and Red Heart Yarns

Crochet

Mikey Celebrates ‘Baby New Year for January 2014.

I’ve been secretly working on projects featuring baby for January 2014. We are calling our monthly theme ‘Baby New Year with Mikey’. I’ve been exceptionally quiet to not ruin the surprise and though you see this little darling wearing her Warm & Fluffy Booties, this isn’t once of the video tutorials.

Cathy, Diva Dan and I have been combing through video requests and after a lengthy debate on the projects. All of the projects that I will be featuring in video format are exceptional in design, practical, and super birthday sugar icing cute. With my video tutorials, I am trying my best to not do very simple tutorials. The goal with the tutorials is to help those who need a boost in designs but also provide a challenge to those who think they cannot do a project.

I’m just finishing the 4th sample today and have to get my butt in gear and begin the filming process to get the first video rolled out.

You are going to love this Baby New Year Series. New mom’s looking to make something special for their newborns and, of course, grandma looking to make something special for their grandchild. These projects also make for excellent charity giving as well.

Like always, all patterns we will be featuring all month long by Red Heart Yarns will be free. All video tutorials will be free to use as well.

Celebrate ‘Baby New Year with Mikey’ for January! It’s going to be awesome… Now I just have to quit yacking on Facebook and get to the studio to begin filming!

What types of projects would you like to see in our Free Patterns Newsletter and features on Facebook? Share your comments below with me!

This entry was posted in Announcements, Red Heart Yarns and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to It’s ‘Baby New Year’ with Mikey and Red Heart Yarns

1. Felicia Haylett says:

I would like to see baby sets. Pants sweaters hats and booties maybe a little snugy and blanket. Maybe mittins for the little scraters.

2. Deborah says:

I would love to see some patterns for baby boys. I find several for girls, but not many for boys!

3. angelz says:

I made my first Corner to Corner Afgan for a 3 month old Grand nephew and the family just loved it… Thanks to our simple tutorial it has been smooth sailing all the way.. I am now excited to make more for another expectant mom so i would like to request ou to pls show us how to make a full baby set comprising of a sweater, a cap and booties… and also how to do them for new born, 3 6, 9 12 months.. so that i can take a call when i make them
    Once again thank you and more power to u God BLess

4. Sandy Pittman says:

Thank you so much. Making charity hats to donate in a friend’s memory. She volunteered at a local hospital for over 20 years!

5. S Kainrad says:

Have a most Healthy and Happy New Year, Mikey! Thanks for all your help … love your tutorials.. You are such a blessing to us!

6. Karen says:

BTW They’re my twn grandbabies lol…which makes it all the more fun!

7. Karen says:

I can’t wait! You’re timing is perfect! We’re expecting identical twin baby girls any day now, so I’ll be making doubles of everything! I’ve made 2 C2C baby blankets already (BTW Loved your C2C video!), I can’t wait to make other baby items!

8. Rhayn says:

Love, love baby things, I have a grandson,3 months old . I would love things for boys, and Mikey , I would love for someone to explain newborn size and how to go up and make the next size if you need to 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 months …Most videos don’t tend to tell what size and how to go up size.. One more if u could give examples of different yarn when making an item .. E.g( dress) if you can use wool or cotton yarn and that dress might come out a little bigger or smaller on the different yarn you use … Just as I’m in Australia and we have different season like we are in hot hot summer and your in winter, so I might what to make the project in cotton now not wool cause it’s so hot , or could you suggest what could pattern to make for summer right now .. Thanks love to all… 🙂

9. Beth says:

I would love to see a poncho tutorial. I have tried several times on my own, but I am just too inexperienced on my own to be successful.

10. Karen Trainor says:

I would like to see patterns (charts) for afghans using the afghan stitch. I loving making afghans using the chart patterns right in the pattern as I crochet along. I find it challenging and relaxing and feel proud of my accomplishment when I am finished. I do not believe that there are too many yarn companies that offer such patterns.

11. Helen says:

Irish crochet and printed…because I only have internet on my phone with limited time available, printed patterns like for different stitches, like Irish crochet and cables

12. Jo says:

Will be great grandma to a boy,so can use ideas for hats,clothes. Also belong to a volunteer group that makes hat and booty sets for newborns in our county.

13. tina says:

It’s just perfect timing for me as there will be a new niece arriving end of May. So I will keep a look out for any and all baby things.

14. cheryl says:

So excited about baby stuff. Just found out I have 3 grandbabies coming in may and July.

15. Carolyn Johnson says:

Love to see some new ideas for ponchos. Love all your videos you help me a lot. Thanks.

16. Deborah says:

Thank you! I’m expecting a new grandbaby and know at least 3 pregnant young women who I’ll be crocheting (and knitting) for. I always love new projects to try. Soakers and layette sets patterns are always nice.

17. Joy Harvey says:

Love doing baby blankets. Do them for relatives having kids and for charity.

18. Jeanne says:

Dresses that is.

19. Jeanne says:

Some toddler fresses and perhaps shorts/pants for toddler boys. ♥

20. Val says:

I too would love to see a sweater series. I am afghan, blankets and lapghaned out. as well as the hats and scarves. What I would love to see is maybe a simple cardigan or pullover, that we can change the sleeves or collars on, so we can make it our own…

21. Beth Anne Deyckere says:

‘d also like some ideas for girls and boys ages 5-11.like the other person asked for. Made some really cute hi-top shoe slippers for one of my grandsons. And my 9 year old granddaughter thought they were really cool and she wants a pair. So kids this age really do need to have some patterns of things made for them. Please Mikey I know you can do it for us. ????????

22. Could not be better timing for me. I have a new grandson due in April and I am crocheting away. Love the idea of new items to make.

23. Tina Lawson says:

Boys items for 6 to 12. Year.olds. Whether it is clothing , toys or afghans. Also, maybe some leasons geared toward kids these ages that are just learning to crochet.

24. Nancy Ryan says:

I just found out that our 7th grandchild will be a boy….only our second boy. I know that I will at least make a special baby afghan! Looking forward to seeing what treats you will share!

25. Cindy Yingst says:

I was luckily enough to have two grandbabies borne in 2013 so this is going to be great. They are now 9 and 4 months.

26. I have Grandgirls ages 6 and 4 and I’ve already outdone the winter hat, scarf and mittens limit! I’m new at making clothing but I’d like some fun, easy patterns to get started.

27. Did you say the Red Heart Yarn was FREE?????????? Oh wait…..just read it again and it is the Red Heart Yarn PATTERNS that are free! My bad! 😉

28. Sherry says:

Oh, goodie! Hoping for a third little grandchild this year! Love making funny hats for the boys.

29. mommakatx6 says:

This is just in time for me. My first grandchild was born last week on the 26th and I would love to make him lots of crocheted things.

30. Paula says:

Mikey, I’m just a beginner. I love learning all kinds of new stiches. Thanks!

31. evelyn overman says:

Mikey, I would love to see some crochet items for the 8-12 year old girls and boys. I do crochet but I do not know how to change the size of a garment. Patterns are very hard for me to find in these sizes . Again, Thank you for all you do to help us.

32. Lona Smith says:

I can’t wait to see these! I love making baby items.