Cathy and I take great pride in reviewing your photos and comments on our Facebook Fan Page. In fact, it’s probably the best part of our daily routine. We both are hooked.
We are not like Dairy Queen commercial where the Woman grabs the Ice Cream Cake to take into the living room and the guy is portrayed as a loser of carrying the forks. She gets the glory and he’s just there.
The Crochet Crowd, founded in 2008 was created because I was in a really rough spot mentally and needed to find a way to heal my feelings because I was emotionally damaged. I created the idea so I could self heal… realizing really quickly that I can help others by acknowledging others’ creativity.
Here at The Crochet Crowd, though Cathy and I are your hosts, our entire team is focused to share the Ice Cream Cake with you. Your creativity is just as important as ours. It’s why we choose between 8 – 20 photographs each day as a feature. For most of you, you know when you are featured that your photo becomes viral and gets between 300 – 8,000 likes and shared potentially hundreds to thousands of times within a few hours. You instantly become the star!
When you share photos to The Crochet Crowd Facebook, we randomly select photographs for a feature position. This is a truly random act.
- You are always in full control of your photograph. We do not save and re-upload your photo. We simply share it from our Recent Post by Others to bring it to the main page.
- Featured photographs tend to go viral really quickly. Photos are liked between 300 – 8,000 times.
- Our share keeps your information intact. Your name is linked with the photograph at all times. Anything happening with that photograph in the form of comments, likes and shares will be updated to your email. Depending on your Facebook settings, of course.
- Shares are when people love your creativity so much that they ‘share’ your photo on their own profile as they were so inspired. When they share, it can be shared numerous times over and over again.
- Our share to our page is from your original posting from our recent posts by others. If you decide to delete the photograph from the Recent Posts by Others, it will automatically delete our feature, will remove all likes, and erase all shares where people make have liked your photograph and shared it to their own page.
- Do not post any photograph to The Crochet Crowd that you are on the fence about. Ensure if there are people in the photograph that you are comfortable with them being a featured position that could potentially go viral.
- Facebook is a public access social system. Keep in mind that everything you do in Facebook is traceable. Use discretion on information and photographs you share. Not just with The Crochet Crowd, but Facebook as a whole.
Thank you for your participation on The Crochet Crowd. Please remember, that our Features are chosen randomly. While many people email wanting a guarantee that we will focus their project, we will not entertain these requests so it keeps it fair to everyone. We all ‘hook up great projects, the idea of being a random feature makes our Facebook unexpected and fun.
If you have any comments to share about this policy, we welcome your feedback. Please comment here if you have suggestions or concerns.