Between December 15th – December 31st, 2013, we will be collecting nominations for the Crochet Crowd Community Awards for 2013. We have never done anything like this before. I figured this would be interesting to see if other awards that are given out by other online websites and magazines match how our community feels as a whole.
From January 1st – January 15th, the top 7 nominees from each category will be put to a vote for being the best of the best for 2013.
Upon my return from my downtime, the questions will be formed and will be presented to you. You must state your answer followed by a reason to be nominated. Nominees will be gathered and the top 7 of each category will be put to a final vote.
I want you to think about the following. This blog comments for this entry are not the nominees submission but you are most welcome to comment with ideas for others to think about your answers in advance. Obviously, everything you choose is based on your opinion. Please note that The Crochet Crowd and team members are exempt from being selected from this as we are running this vote.
- Who is the crochet designer that has inspired you the most this year?
- In the real hard copy pattern books, what is the best pattern book that you most recommend?
- Which crochet based magazine do you most enjoy?
- Which brand of yarn do you trust the most?
- What brand of crochet hooks are your absolute favourite?
- Who is the best larger retail store to purchase yarn at?
- Who is the best independent ‘Mom & Pop Shop’ to purchase yarn from?
- In the ‘Mom and Pop Shops’, which brands of yarn, that cannot be found in the mass retailer, is the best?
For Cyber Space:
- What is the best online website for free crochet patterns?
- Choose from Red Heart, Yarnspirations and Lion Brand. Which website do you most prefer?
- In the Crochet world, which website is your automatic go to website for inspiration?
- When purchasing yarn online, which website is the best value, customer service and most trusted in your opinion?
- For websites that have paid patterns, which website do you trust and buy from most?
- When I am stuck and needing help, which source online do you turn to first for help? Could be YouTube, Facebook, Online Community and etc?
It did cross my mind to run awards for the best outstanding community members for The Crochet Crowd Facebook Community. However, there are literally hundreds of people deserving of equal recognition for their upbeat spirit, help they offer others and awesome show’n tell. It wouldn’t be fair to single out a few people when literally hundreds, potentially thousands of community members deserve the same honour.
You are most welcome to leave any comment or further suggestions for more awards. Leave a comment below.