The Crochet Hangover: Honey… Just One More Stitch

Michael Sellick

Just One More Stitch…

I’m not as bright eyed as my little doll here. In fact, I just need a tire tread across my chest and it would resemble how I look right about now. Yeppers… I look like I have been hit by a bus! That is Diva Dan’s favourite saying! Though I do banter him a bit saying that his comparison is really over exaggerated and that let me drive the bus and hit him and see if it cross compares! haha

Though I cannot reveal my pattern yet, I was up until 2 am this morning firing off a project. Have you ever crocheted with a smile? Meaning, you are loving your project so much that nearly every round / row is a celebration. I know, now I am sounding a bit dramatic myself! But seriously, I wouldn’t mind a disco ball to come flying down from the ceiling and the song “Celebrate Good Times” playing loudly every time I finished a row! I would just keep on hook’n and probably turn my crochet stitches into a full finger aerobic workout! If I am really feeling adventurous I might actually bob my head and tap my toes! Not sure that is possible because I kid you not! I cannot chew gum and walk at the same time! I don’t know why… I walk a few steps, stop chewing and the next thing I know I am choking on gum! How’s that for drama? It’s actually true though.

Man, if I have a dime I have said to Daniel, just one more stitch or just one more row and I am done… I would be richer than rich! How come one stitch turns into 10 more stitches… suddenly… OOPSY, I just finished my project! Meanwhile Diva Dan said “Goodnight Irene” hours ago and the cat is on her back passed out with her two front paws in the air! Seriously, what I am missing! I’m having a great time and the world around me is snoozing! I must be nuts.

This entry was posted in Advice & Tips and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Crochet Hangover: Honey… Just One More Stitch

1. Your doll looks scared, Mikey.

2. PenRobbie :-) says:

Reblogged this on Yarn Junkies and commented:
    Hug a yarn junkie today! 🙂

3. Patti says:

You’re OK Mikey as long a you don’t feel like the bus dropped into reverse and backed up to hit you again!

4. Cindy says:

Wow, it is nice that I am not the only crazy crocheter. There are nights that I just want to finish up a project and start another that my eyes give and I have fallen asleep on the couch with hook in hand. My husband has to wake me up to go to bed. Oh the joys of crocheting!

5. Shirley says:

LOL I think you just described most of us hookers. I don’t know how many times I was just one more row…..well finish off this color….well start a new color….well get it going….well just finish off this one now…….I am always late night hooking!!

6. Rae says:

You’re not nuts. You’re a happy hooker!!! I do the same thing. Let me finish this row, then its I have 2 left to finish this section, then its few more till I change colors. I also crochet late at night. The cats will cuddle up and fall asleep, its rather funny when the yarn moves across them and they crack open one eye to give that look of “really?? cat sleeping here.” Then they stretch, yawn and go back to sleep and SNORE!! LOL!! As if that will get me to stop!

7. John says:

Ah yes, like me last night telling myself ‘one more stitch’ till extremely late, when I knew I had to be up at 5 this morning. I was trying out the Ocean Waves Afghan pattern, and I want to make the waves length-wise, so it took me a long time to get to the 2nd row to check that I could get it right. I think it’s going to look amazing!