As parents, we can appreciate how quick kids are to grab our crafting tools and before we know it, we have an urgent matter on our hands. Truthfully speaking, I would have never thought of something like this with a knitting loom.
We can be easily distracted by setting our equipment down as we make supper or go answer the front door.
Jennifer, from Missouri, had a scare yesterday as her child grabbed her loom and forced it over her head and pulled it down around her neck. Quickly thinking, she was unable to get the loom off her child’s head. She even tried butter and lotions to try to slip it off but wouldn’t come off.
Jennifer demonstrated quick insight and thought to take her daughter to the local Fire Station to have firemen cut off the loom from her neck. Though, we cannot prevent all accidents or have foresight for things that could go wrong, quickly thinking of alternative methods to get help is just as important.
Jennifer reports that she won’t be buying any looms in the near future, or at least until her daughter’s head gets bigger so that this won’t happen again. Probably a good idea as children do learn from experiences. Luckily for everyone involved, this didn’t turn out to be more serious than it was.