While in North Carolina at the Knit & Crochet Show, MainlyCrochet was directly behind the Crochetville booth. If you didn’t already figure it out, MainlyCrochet is from Phippsburg, Maine USA. It is run by Michele Maks who works with a fabulous team of people to bring MainlyCrochet together online.
You may be like me, never heard of them before… so I was obviously intrigued to ask them to tell me about themselves. Here’s what I learned.
- MainlyCrochet is a digital pattern service focused on crochet.
- They have a yearly membership of only $24. With this membership, their entire library is opened up for you to use as you wish.
- Their patterns are for beginners, intermediate and expert levels. There’s something for everyone and designs that range from simple looks to high end fashion.
- Patterns use fun fancy yarns but also everyday yarns such as Red Heart Super Saver. This means the projects can fit the budget of virtually any crocheter.
- As new patterns come out, subscribers are notified via email that new patterns have come out and are available.
During the Fashion Show at the Knit & Crochet Show at the formal banquet, numerous examples of garments and everyday projects were showcased down the runway. They feature designs from crochet designers like Kathryn White and Andee Graves.
So what are my thoughts?
- You can spend quite a bit of money on patterns and books. However, I like the concept that it’s a one time yearly payment that gives me access to the entire library. You can have access to well known designers in the crochet industry.
- There are no crazy restrictions by the designers that you cannot sell your finished projects.
- The owners are down to earth and love to crochet.
Stop by MainlyCrochet to get a sneak peak. All subscriptions are handled by Paypal.
So what are your thoughts on this type of service? I would love to hear your feedback? Leave you comment below.