There’s Something In Those Eyes

Teddy Bear Components

Teddy Bear Components, Online Store

A great website find that I am really excited about is called Disco Joints and Teddies. This is an online store but I did a reverse phone look up as the phone number resembles a location near me. Like many businesses today, this is strictly an online store.

I created this little mermaid the other day and I accidentally made it look like Shrek! In fact, my team at Red Heart’s Head Office had a chuckle over how it turned out! 🙂 I tried to crochet the eyes and it more resembles a jack-o-lantern. I was really disappointed.

This morning while on Facebook, I noticed someone did a stuffed moose and it was incredible. The eyes were the type where animation movies puff out the eyes make you feel sorry for the character. Picture Puss N Boots from the Shrek series to get my drift.

I was like, where did you get those eyes? Another fan pops up and says here’s a link for a store. OMG I have died and gone to Teddy Component Land! FINALLY… FINALLY there’s a website I can use to get eyes and other components I need. This definitely got me excited as I am tired of wrecking my projects with trying to do eyes where it can kill a project. The nice thing too, they have sew on eyes and even safety eyes for those with kids. They have noses and furs and much more.

I’m so excited! Can you tell? CHA CHING! haha

This entry was posted in Advice & Tips and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to There’s Something In Those Eyes

1. Donanne says:

When I made Teddy Bears they had super quality…they are great people to work with and keep a great stock!! Glad you found them!!

2. Jan says:

I too saw the moose,and melted into a puddle!! I have bookmarked the site, you just made my day!!

3. Roxanne says:

You just about made me pee my pants. Love all your blogs !!!!

4. Lara says:

I comment!ed on her moose. The eyes sure made it come to life. Loved it

5. Alicia says:

I wanna see the Shrek mermaid……lol and that moose was super cute….

6. Vickie McD says:

I absolutely LOVE your blogs! I knew when I saw the post with the moose that you were excited! It was a beautiful project. I completely understand what you mean about the eyes! I worked up a monkey for my daughter. Maybe one day I will share a pic with you…maybe. It is definitely not my best work and I have learned that I am much better off following a pattern!

7. I used to deal with Disco Joints and Teddies a few years ago. I used to be a bear maker. I also made cloth dolls…anyways, this was one of the businesses I went to for eyes, etc.

8. Wendy P says:

I’ve ordered my safety eyes from this etsy store and LOVE how fast they ship and the variety they have: https://www.etsy.com/shop/6060

9. Dianna Clouse says:

Thanks I have trouble finding eyes for my projects as well have a great and blessed day