Crisp, Cool and the Kids Are Back at School!

Cathy Cunningham's Perspective on Fall

Bring on The Fall

Even here in Sunny Southern California, the air is getting a bit cooler and I can tell that Fall is on it’s way…YAY! Fall is my favorite time of year!!! The cool crisp air makes me want to grab my yarn and hook and crochet like CRAZY now that the long hot summer months are over!!!

If you like this pattern, it’s free with a video at Waves Crochet Afghan.

Fall means it’s time for me to start thinking about Christmas gifts I might want to make for friends and family. I always try to crochet myself a few things along the way too, but that doesn’t always work out, people see what I’ve made and they want to take it.

I also like to start baking again in the fall, when running the oven doesn’t make the house feel like 1000 degrees, Cookies, brownies and breads are my favorites to make.
For many of us, fall also means BACK TO SCHOOL!!!! Next week my two boys Zac, a sophomore and Ben a 6th grader, will be starting a new year of learning and growing.

It’s hard to keep them busy all summer so it’s nice to get back on a more structured schedule. When the stores start putting out the school supplies I sing them a little song to tease them … “Wooohooo Back to School” of coarse they gripe and grumble, but it makes back to school shopping a lot more fun for me LOL 🙂 Back to school time means more time for me to crochet, craft and bake….. That’s what the “Wooohoo” in my song is all about. 😉

Whether you just crochet or add some other hobbies to the mix this fall, I hope you enjoy this lovely time of year. Mikey and I will have some Fabulous stuff coming your way, of coarse. I am working on some themed pattern lists to share with you. We have our Juicy Fruit Afghan Summer Challenge running until Sept 2nd and we will have my “Cathy’s Hook Club Project” announcement after the summer afghan challenge wraps, up just to name a few…. How Exciting!!!

Keep Hooking and I will See you on Facebook ~ Cathy 🙂

This entry was posted in Announcements and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Crisp, Cool and the Kids Are Back at School!

1. Julie Sachse says:

How are you, Mikey, able to stay home and do all these fabulous things? Are you independently wealthy? or perhaps living in Canada helps….

2. Diamond says:

Roxanne, there are no palm trees growing where Mikey lives. Zone 2 (gardening talk) winters are cold and lots of snow. 😀 Now on the other hand, I live in Eastern Canada, It is cold and lots of snow too, I recently moved to the warmest part of Canada, very little snowfall, but rains alot. I would rather have that and love it. I have never had a Xmas in my life where there wasn’t any snow.

3. Patti says:

We had a beautiful break from the heat, but it is back now here in good old St.Louis. I know that the grandkids that live with me have to go back to school, but unliked the moms, I really miss them. House seems SO quiet.

4. Jodi Vowell says:

LOved your blog. Fall is always such an exciting time, a new beginning, and the cooler weather and leaves changing mean a lot of things to me. I’m not a fan of hot weather and its actually been a cool wet summer in Georgia this year. But I still can’t wait for that first “bite” in the air to bring my senses fully awake, snap me into action and let the fall and winter crocheting and knitting begin!
    Looking forward to whatever ya’ll throw at us this year. The “waves” afghan is gorgeous! Can’t wait to see what else is in store. Love your blog!

5. Sandy says:

Cool and crisp? Hot, humid, and sticky here in Texas, near 100 by the end of the week. The cover sounds like a good idea for back to school. We do not have much time in the winter to wear scarves, hats, and have not owned a coat in 20 years!

6. Roxanne says:

I live in Michigan Mikey and I’m not looking forward to the cold Winter at all. Your Lucky you live there. Wish I did but, I could never leave my Sons and Grandchildren. I’m just a beginner at crocheting since January 2013. I have learned alot and am still learning from you and the many others that do Tutorials on Youtube. I still can’t read a pattern on my own and figure it out but, I sure can follow the Youtube Tutorials. Many Thanks too all of you Teachers for helping us begginers learn to crochet. Much Love and God Bless you all.

7. Shellie Dunn says:

Just started my Christmas crocheting — after finishing a piece for myself. And just as you said, everyone WANTS IT! But this is one project I am keeping for myself. 🙂
    An entrelac shawl in Amazing yarn in fall colors. Sigh! Now waiting for the 85+ degree weather to end here in Chicago.

8. Ann Pope says:

Hope you will do a lot of small projects for Christmas presents,

9. Robin Howell says:

Great article and I LOVE the Waves Afghan and want to try to make one AFTER Christmas. I homeschool my son, so we won’t be starting school until late September, early October. Not sure how much I will get done between now and then but I know as soon as we start back, there will still be time to crochet and do my other crafts and bake too. I wouldn’t be able to stand if he were gone all day, I would go crazy and wouldn’t be able to sit still long enough to even pick up a hook or needle or whatever. Hope you boys have a great school year and can’t wait to see all the things you come up with. And tell Mikey, I just LOVE, LOVE his videos!!!!

10. Tricia Crow says:

most middle and high school kids have to have laptops or chromebooks given by the school… I should make them a cover in their school colors…