A fan writes:
“Does your logo mean anything?”
The logo creation was done by Daniel and I one day in the fall of 2010.
With the success of developing a crochet community, we decided to re-brand ourselves as The Crochet Crowd and retired the old Mikeyssmail name I had been using. The name Mikeyssmail was the username of YouTube and still continues to be.
We had developed alternative names for The Crochet Crowd but this is the one that stuck with us the most.
With knowing we had created a sense of community, our logo was designed with community in mind. There is purpose and intention with the placement of the symbols.
- The i’s are actually upside down exclamation marks. Usually, in theme parks i represents “Help” or “Information”.
- The colour of the i’s was completely random. This represents our global diversity as a community. We are each uniquely different. Some people have suggested it’s an offshoot of the gay pride colours. This assumption is false in this logo.
- The people are over the middle yarn ball. The very yarn that provides our connection to each other. The yarn ball symbolizes our planet / globe.
- The Crochet Hook and Scissors are placed in to represent creativity.
- The blue ring is never ending circle of creativity energy that surrounds us. It’s this ring that brings us and holds us together as a community.
Having said all of that, we are looking into retiring this logo completely. We are in the middle redesigning a new Crochet Crochet Logo. It could be as early as this summer when this logo will be retired. Sketches of our new logo have been completed and partially designed. It’s a matter of Cathy, Daniel, Ian and myself to agree it’s the right look for our community.
Like creativity, everything evolves and changes. We are no different. If you have been following us a long time, you know that to be true.
If you were our artist for designing our logo, what do you think it should look like? Please comment below with your ideas!
- Cro’Chet’ Happens (thecrochetcrowdblog.com)
- The Crocodile Stitch with Video Tutorial & Free Scarf Pattern (thecrochetcrowdblog.com)
- Crochet Blind Folded Verses Boucle (thecrochetcrowdblog.com)
- New Crochet Crowd Gifts (thecrochetcrowdblog.com)