A Crochet Magazine I Love

Crochet Magazine

Crochet Today Magazine Cover. September / October 2013 Edition

I enjoy a few crochet magazines the most of the many that are on the marketplace. Some magazines are a little too fem or reaching projects that either aren’t on my level or interest.

In today’s blog, I will share with you a few reasons why I like this magazine. Crochet Today is my most favourite magazine of all of them. Obviously, my thoughts are based on my own point of view and you may have a different opinion. You can share with me in a comment below your favourite crochet magazines if you wish.

I would classify myself as an ‘everyday crocheter’. Meaning, I don’t need to crochet up a gown or produce something for a catwalk.

I am very satisfied with projects that cover these essential must haves in a magazine for me:

• Yarn is affordable and accessible within my region of the world.
  • The project is nice looking without a lot of photography to make something drab to being faux fab.
  • The project doesn’t kill a few brain cells to figure it out. This eventually leads me to burying the half finished project in my yarn stash.

In magazines, I prefer the models look happy and practical. I’m excited by yarn and when I see a straight faced model pretending to have sex appeal… I’m not motivated by that look. In some cases, I see the models and question if the models really know how to crochet.

Crochet Today Magazine taps the very essence of what I prefer in a magazine with fun inspirational colours, presentation and projects that appeal to me. You can meet the young and delightful editor of Crochet Today Magazine by watching the Sept/Oct 2013 Edition Preview. She presents her magazine to give you a sneak preview of what you can expect to find in the editions that are coming out in newsstands. Rumours behind the scenes is that she is really nice and her presence in the videos is refreshing as she isn’t just a still photograph with an editorial speech at the beginning of the magazine. She has a zest for life which you can tell by the magazine itself.

So my questions for you are:

1. Which magazines you like?
  2. Do you like a certain type of author or publishing company?
  3. What designers do you love?

Share with me in a comment below. You may know something that I need to investigate further or see a publication from a different point of view.

This entry was posted in Announcements and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to A Crochet Magazine I Love

1. Brenda B. says:

I got a subscription to Crochet Today! for a Christmas gifts last e=year and love it too!! I have to admit, I do troll the magazine aisles in every store that have them, looking for crochet magazines.. If I find one I like, I buy it..

2. Phyllis says:

In addiion to Crochet Today, I keep going back to Crochet World and the new Crochet 1-2-3. They all meet the above criteria. When I want to stretch my skills, I turn to Kim Guzman, Edie Eckman, and Julie Yeager.

3. Betty Plemmons says:

There are 3 that I like… Crochet Today, Crochet, and Crochet World. Out of these 3, my favorite is Crochet Today and Crochet World comes in a real close second!

4. Tina Lawson says:

I too love Crochet Today. I get it on my nook. Lots of great and varied patterns. I discovered another called Crochet 123 at Walmart. I enjoy it also. Has how to sections, kid section, and lots of great patterns. Walmart is the only plae I have found it, though.

5. yayamama56 says:

I like Crochet Today also, but a mag I really miss is Magic Crochet…liked their content & diagrams…even though I prefer written patterns…

• Annette Stokes says:

yes…me too! That’s how I taught myself how to crochet! I have years and years of that magazine. It’s been a long time since I have made any doilies tho.

6. Tammy Gray Moore says:

That’s my favorite crochet magazine, also. I’m currently working on the “He Loves Me” granny afghan from the March/April issue. It’s a level 3 skill level, which I’ve never attempted before. This project is stretching me. It’s a gift for my sister. The reason I chose it is because of the daisy middle, which was our Mom’s favorite flower. And, the seafoam and teal are my sister’s favorite colors, so that just jumped off the page for me.

7. Kristin says:

I love Crochet Today too! For more serious/complicated projects, Interweave Crochet gets my vote. But for a quick, fun project, CT all the way!

8. Inside Crochet (it’s a UK publication). I can only find it occasionally here in the states, but the patterns are for the most fun and eclectic. I’m a big fan of Attic24 (blog) for all of her color use.