I enjoy a few crochet magazines the most of the many that are on the marketplace. Some magazines are a little too fem or reaching projects that either aren’t on my level or interest.
In today’s blog, I will share with you a few reasons why I like this magazine. Crochet Today is my most favourite magazine of all of them. Obviously, my thoughts are based on my own point of view and you may have a different opinion. You can share with me in a comment below your favourite crochet magazines if you wish.
I would classify myself as an ‘everyday crocheter’. Meaning, I don’t need to crochet up a gown or produce something for a catwalk.
I am very satisfied with projects that cover these essential must haves in a magazine for me:
- Yarn is affordable and accessible within my region of the world.
- The project is nice looking without a lot of photography to make something drab to being faux fab.
- The project doesn’t kill a few brain cells to figure it out. This eventually leads me to burying the half finished project in my yarn stash.
In magazines, I prefer the models look happy and practical. I’m excited by yarn and when I see a straight faced model pretending to have sex appeal… I’m not motivated by that look. In some cases, I see the models and question if the models really know how to crochet.
Crochet Today Magazine taps the very essence of what I prefer in a magazine with fun inspirational colours, presentation and projects that appeal to me. You can meet the young and delightful editor of Crochet Today Magazine by watching the Sept/Oct 2013 Edition Preview. She presents her magazine to give you a sneak preview of what you can expect to find in the editions that are coming out in newsstands. Rumours behind the scenes is that she is really nice and her presence in the videos is refreshing as she isn’t just a still photograph with an editorial speech at the beginning of the magazine. She has a zest for life which you can tell by the magazine itself.
So my questions for you are:
- Which magazines you like?
- Do you like a certain type of author or publishing company?
- What designers do you love?
Share with me in a comment below. You may know something that I need to investigate further or see a publication from a different point of view.
- What Trends Lay Ahead for Christmas 2013? (thecrochetcrowdblog.com)
- Free Pattern Find: Crochet Baby Sandals (thecrochetcrowdblog.com)
- Yarn Balls with Knots: Peeves & Helpful Tips (thecrochetcrowdblog.com)