Each year, we tend to see a project, stitch technique or idea that is “Hawt Off The Hook!”
I’m really not sure what types of projects will be really popular for Christmas 2013. Red Heart launched Vivid, a new neon ultra thick product line a few months ago. I suspect that will be coming up in the trends in the fall. See what the Editor of Crochet Today Magazine thought about this new yarn. See her live video.
For me, I’m still on a very heavy kick of slow transitioning yarns from colour changing to even texture, yarn and material changes within a ball of yarn. I’m not scared of yarn that changes thickness or into really weird colour shades that end up kicking the project into high overload of uniqueness. These types of yarns aren’t the cheapest on the market but they are rich in flavour and is something I would prefer to give as a gift if I am making someone an afghan.
So as of right now, I am still on the fence to what I think Christmas 2013 is going to be trend wise. Normally, I usually find a pattern in the summer that I absolutely love and can’t wait to sink my hook into. For now, the search continues for my favourite projects for Fall and Christmas 2013.
So here are my questions for you:
- Do you have any ideas what you think may be hot for Christmas 2013?
- Maybe you can think of a project or idea that should be hot?
- Have you started your holiday crochet making already? If so, what has been your inspiration.
Leave me your comments below and share with us what you think. After all, you may just inspire a trend that experts haven’t even considered.
- Yarn Balls with Knots: Peeves & Helpful Tips (thecrochetcrowdblog.com)
- Hand-Crochet Cowl Pattern & New Yarn by Red Heart Boutique (thecrochetcrowdblog.com)
- Prices for Crochet Afghans: Reality Check (thecrochetcrowdblog.com)