So Tempted to Crochet A Gown

I’ve been reading my Vogue Knitting, Crochet 2013 Edition, over the past week. I was featured in this edition as a profile for myself and The Crochet Crowd. To be mentioned in Vogue Knitting is one of the highlights in my professional career as Mikey.

Crochet Patterns by Vogue Knitting

See the Preview of the patterns available in Vogue Knitting’s Crochet 2013 Edition.

Daniel and I have been really navigating this edition to create one of the samples seen in this magazine. We have our eyes on the blue full length gown. Second row on the far right. It is truly stunning.

Luckily for us, if you go to Crochet 2013 Fashion Preview. Click the photo of the blue dress and you can see an up close shot. This dress is incredible. Directions and great details are provided inside of the magazine to be able to accomplish this task.

I’m humming and hahhing over this. Should I or shouldn’t I? I won’t wear the dress but I think doing it would be an overwhelming accomplishment of self pride in my crochet skills.

See what other designs they have by looking at the preview. I have to say, I’ve never seen the Crochet Edition of Vogue Knitting before. I really like how they have a bit of everything presented in such an elegant way. There’s no doubt about it for me, I really enjoyed this edition. Even if I wasn’t featured in it. 🙂

So… what do you think? Share with me below some honest critiques. Should I be bold and try or do another pattern from the magazine instead?

This entry was posted in Adult Clothing and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to So Tempted to Crochet A Gown

1. Pingback: Debate with Daniel and I over Crochet Pattern Usage

2. Nancy says:

Absolutely Mikey!!!! I crocheted a Bridal Ensemble of a floor length wedding gown, veil, bouquet, brides maid w/corsage, and a mother-of-the-bride w/corsage in 2011. Won a blue ribbon at our state fair and the accomplishment was wonderful!!!

3. Laraine says:

*though

4. Becky says:

I say go for it! I don’t think those are panties showing through. She is wearing a bathing suit under it. You can tell by the strap of the top underneath. All the other dresses show bathing suits under also.

• Laraine says:

Becky, you are right! Now I see the bathing suit. This dress is too beautiful to wear over one thought. It could be made for both a cover up and a gorgeous lined dress IMHO.

• Becky says:

I completely agree with you Laraine! Would definitely need to be lined to wear as a dress!!!!

5. Sandi Bowers says:

Good Morning, Mikey & Daniel 🙂
    By all means, “GO FOR IT!” I think you should try an off white colour (maybe cream or egg shell)
    Waiting patiently to see you’s start this project. I truly believe you’ve started a new, exciting trend in dresses. I know I would wear it.
    Have a happy hookin’ Monday,
    Sandi

6. Ruth says:

Make it for Cathy !

7. Pingback: Doctor Who Scarves for Crocheters | Knot Just Yarn: The Crochet Crowd Blog

8. Brenda says:

I say go for it! It is stunning and you can do it! I need to get this magazine and make the bag, love it and it’s probably the only thing I MIGHT be able to make! haha

9. I can’t wait to see the finished dress Mikey. You have such vision I know it will be stunning 🙂

10. Pat Radlo Hamer says:

I love the top of the dress and the back, but I am not fond of the skirt front. That said, I think you should do what makes YOUR heart sing

11. I am adding my vote for you to make this! I like the idea of doing it in the blue (maybe a different hue than they used) with a creamy iridescent inside/slip. I have this lovely material that would make that dress a beautiful sheath underneath. I just might have to try this one myself for my daughter to wear!

12. Rebecca Boukikaz says:

Go for it Mikey. It is a large project and would be an accomplishment. The green one is gorgeous too.

13. Kim R. Bermudez says:

Hey Mikey, I was on pinterest and I saw the most stunning wedding gowns. Some of them could b/c of cut and length could certainly be all occasion gowns w/ a color or small design change. Maybe you could get inspiration from there!

14. Shirley Laderoute says:

Omg Robin beat me to it, was going to say, do it in a size ten petite, and I will take a run down to Walkerton to pick it up lol

15. Jamie Bilello says:

Omg…. that is beautiful!

16. Omg Mikey ,beautiful dress I say go for it also I got first dips on it lol since no one said it you can make it for me I’m a size 9/10. Lol ill even pay the shipping to Massachusetts lol I think the dress is stunning something I could never do. My hands would give out trying make that we’ll anyway enjoy and happy hooking my friend 😉

17. Joyce says:

Ohhhh but you must do it!!! I say ABSOLUTELY YES!!

18. I hate to go against the grain, but I’d say no on that one. I think if you want to show off your skills, go with the top right (open back number) or the green one. They look a little more challenging. I think the model is what helps the long blue one quite a bit, not the crochet skills. I do know how you feel about the undertaking! I’ve seen wedding dresses in crochet to die for!

19. I add my vote for the yes. It is a beautiful gown, and the feeling of achievement and accomplishment at the end will be worth so much.

20. Trish says:

I am in love with the blue and green squares dress. Where can I get that pattern, or are you going to try this one, too?

21. Laraine says:

It is gorgeous. It’s haute couture, so everything goes with a dress like that on the runway. But in real life, I would prefer a flesh tone lining. I say go for it Mikey.

• I don’t like the panties showing through either! haha

• Patti Blake says:

As someone who has spend a lifetime with formalwear, the panties showing through stinks! I think that this would be beautiful in white or ivory with a dull silver or gold metallic in place of the white. Very trendy bridal. As far as you making the dress, you have amazing skills and can do this! We all have faith in you! Give it a whirl. I am eager to follow your progress.

22. kathy frank says:

just do it!

23. Mitzy says:

I’m not getting any kind of wow from it, but if that’s what it’s doing for you then go for it. You might make an improvement upon it.

24. Connie Baker says:

Go for it. I just found a crochet 1924 pattern for a woman’s top and am going to give it a go, too.

25. Lynn says:

Ongoing YES! I’d love to see the finished project!

26. Maureen Taylor Parker says:

I say do it!

27. Cheryl Cool says:

Go for it, Mikey – at the rate you crochet, this won’t take you long at all. You’re also correct when you say that it will definitely be an accomplishment of self pride with regard to your skills. After all, no one knows the effort and attention to detail (and sometimes frustration) better than a fellow crocheter. Good luck.

• Linda Joslyn says:

I agree with you! It’s a gorgeous dress and I’m sure there will be a
      lot of us who will want to make it after we see how well it turns out after Mikey finishes it!

28. Rosa B says:

I say go bold and give it a try! I saw a coaster pattern in which I will be turning it into a blanket form.