Warm Weather Crochet Jacket Pattern

Crochet, Warm Weather Jacket by Red HeartNext on my radar is the Warm Weather Jacket

After doing the Tunic outfit, I realized these patterns aren’t so hard if you wrap your mind about the task and Get’er done! This pattern comes in Small to XX Large.

Based on the yarn used, Aunt Lydia’s Fashion Yarn. I bet this hangs nicely and feels great to wear. Oh the joys of being a guy, there’s some lady fashions, such as this, I would love to wear… if only I could.

For more inspiration and ideas, please visit The Crochet Crowd Website.

This entry was posted in Adult Clothing and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Warm Weather Crochet Jacket Pattern

1. mary says:

From mary I’m having a hard time with this jacket can anyone help me

• dnsdcksn5 says:

I am currently working on this pattern – close to being done. The pattern has many errors that I have found – significant errors. What are you struggling with?

• dnsdcksn5 says:

Mary – I finally got around to typing up the corrections I’ve come across. I have not yet done the sleeves.

• Pattern Row 3 is missing a ch 4 in front of the *
      • Back, Shape Waist, Row 9 is missing a ch 4: * across to last ch-2 space, ch 4 . . .
      • Back, Shape Armhole, Rows 2-5, Row 3 count for XL should be 21 ch 4 spaces
      • Back, Shape Armhole, Rows 6 – should be 20 for XL
      • Left Front, Rows 2-24 ended up being thru 23 in order to get the pattern to work out right
      • Left Front, Shape Waist, Row 2: work in patt row 4
      • Left Front, Shape Front Neck, Row 7 should be work in patt row 1
      • Left Front, Shape Front Neck, Row 9 where did patt row 5 come from? Should be 3. Also should be 7 ch 4 spaces for XL.
      • Left Front, Shape Front Neck, Row 10 left out the half shell that is in the count, I put it in the first ch-4 sp

At this point I was able to continue without problem until I got to the Right Front, Shape Armholes. I put it down for several days here. The whole thing is wrong! The left front was copied and not edited for the mirror image . Here’s what I did (this is XL size):

• Row 5: (still not sure it’s right but it was the best I could come up with) Slip st in ch-1 space, ch2, 2 dc in next ch-2 space, patt row 3 to end (9 ch-4 spaces)
      • Row 6: Patt row 4, leave last ch-2 space unworked (9 shells)
      • Row 7: Slip st to ch-2 space, ch 1, 2 sc in same space, continue with patt row 1 to the end. (8ch-4 spaces)
      • Row 8: Patt row 2; dc in last ch-4 space (7 shells; 1 half shell)
      • Row 9: Slip stitch to ch-2 space, ch 3, dc in same space, cotinute in patt row 3 to the end (7 ch-4 spaces)
      • Row 10 is actually correct

The problems didn’t stop there. I got the Right Front done then got to the trim. Same thing – If I followed the directions (an unedited copy of the Left Front) I couldn’t get there, because my right front is a mirror image of my left front. I ended up starting with the left corner as suggested then doing the second side trim in reverse, bottom trim, then side trim that goes up the front.

2. dnsdcksn5 says:

Are there corrections to this pattern anywhere? It really is a looooong pattern! I just started it and have discovered that Row 3 of the Pattern Stitch has an error and the guage doesn’t make sense.

3. dnsdcksn5 says:

Are there corrections for this pattern? I just started it (it really is a loooooong pattern). There is an error in Pattern Stitch Row 3 and the guage doesn’t make sense.

4. Antoinette Swett says:

I am going to give It a try. I have just the thread color to use in the sea-greens. I have not done an appeal item since teen years. To many years to admit to. Will be fun and a challenge to work up.

5. This is the longest pattern that I have downloaded from Red Heart! It is so daunting! I don’t know if I would have the patience to do this for anyone else. I would have to start now and be done by next Spring! But it is such a lovely color. I love blue!