Getting rid of unwanted mail and telemarketers on the phone is pretty easy. Let me give you some tips:
- You can tell now when a computer has dialed your number. There’s a clicking sound as the computer tries to connect you to a live operator… HANG UP Immediately!
- If you missed that clicking and someone is cold calling you… simply say “Will you hold, I have another call on the line!” They are paid commission, holding for you isn’t going to make them any money.
- Computer systems are dialing numbers to see when calls are answered at your house. If they aren’t answered during day, but getting a busy signal at night. Chances are the computer is figuring out when it’s best to get a hold of you. Leave unanswered “UNIDENTIFIED CALLERS or NOT LISTED” as per the call display on the hook doesn’t help the computers figure out when is the best time to know you are around.
- Nothing is ever free without a catch! Be weary of that! Winning a vacation that you didn’t know you entered is pretty obvious telemarketing.
- Unsolicited mail comes to us daily. You can send a strong message back to whomever it is that is sending you their garbage! Cutting your name and personal information off the stuff… simply put it back in their self addressed stamped enveloped to the company. Why should you recycle it, when they can do it themselves. This way… they have spent POSTAGE TO MAIL YOU THEIR GARBAGE… and you have made them SPEND MORE POSTAGE by getting it back! This doubles their marketing costs… enough people do it… they will evetually stop!
Something to think about!