The Crocodile Stitch with Video Tutorial & Free Scarf Pattern

Free Pattern, Crocodile Stitch

Crochet Crocodile Stitch. Free Pattern Included with Today’s Blog

The Crocodile Stitch came abruptly onto the market in 2011 and quickly gained the hearts of crocheters globally. It is unique and fun.

I created the Rio Scarf, to allow you to do something practical with your new found skills.

So to keep this blog real in the sense of being bluntly honest. The one disadvantage to the Crocodile Stitch is that it tends to be a yarn pig. Meaning… it uses up a lot of yarn for the distance. If you see the Rio Scarf Pattern, there are 4 balls of yarn in that scarf. No big deal really for value or economy priced yarn. For higher end yarn, this scarf could topple up to and even over $50 easily in yarn costs. Not everyone wants to use cheap or economy yarn, so just be aware that the costs of the yarn are inflated due to the amount needed for this type of stitch.

Otherwise, I love this stitch. It is cool and trendy! If you have never tried it before, there’s a tutorial below. Grab your crochet hook and some yarn and begin right now!

Video Demonstration Below

About these ads

About Michael Sellick

This entry was posted in Advice & Tips and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The Crocodile Stitch with Video Tutorial & Free Scarf Pattern

1. judy says:

loved the tutorial it helped me soooo much. You truly are amazing at what you do…..Could really use the written instructions….

2. Paulette Dobson says:

do you have written instructions for the crocodile crochet stitch?

3. vinodini says:

the tutorial was very informative & exciting.

4. Pingback: I crochet too! | Life, and all it's majesty.

5. Pingback: What Does Our Logo Mean? | Knot Just Yarn: The Crochet Crowd Blog

6. Pingback: How To Block Crochet with The Tennessee Stitch | Knot Just Yarn: The Crochet Crowd Blog

7. Janice Klaus says:

Thanks for the video clip. I was wondering how it was done. You made it look so easy and now I have to remember how to do it for a later project.

8. xloz68x says:

you make it look easy. Think I’ll end up under a pile of wool and tied in knots :)

• irmar says:

If I were you I’d try to learn it in a very twisted, light coloured cotton yarn. Once you master it, then switch to fluffy wool. Actually the tutorial would have been much clearer if he had used light-coloured cotton yarn, where every stitch is visible.

9. Carol Pina says:

I think this scarf is beautiful! love Carol