The Crocodile Stitch with Video Tutorial & Free Scarf Pattern

Free Pattern, Crocodile Stitch

Crochet Crocodile Stitch. Free Pattern Included with Today’s Blog

The Crocodile Stitch came abruptly onto the market in 2011 and quickly gained the hearts of crocheters globally. It is unique and fun.

I created the Rio Scarf, to allow you to do something practical with your new found skills.

So to keep this blog real in the sense of being bluntly honest. The one disadvantage to the Crocodile Stitch is that it tends to be a yarn pig. Meaning… it uses up a lot of yarn for the distance. If you see the Rio Scarf Pattern, there are 4 balls of yarn in that scarf. No big deal really for value or economy priced yarn. For higher end yarn, this scarf could topple up to and even over $50 easily in yarn costs. Not everyone wants to use cheap or economy yarn, so just be aware that the costs of the yarn are inflated due to the amount needed for this type of stitch.

Otherwise, I love this stitch. It is cool and trendy! If you have never tried it before, there’s a tutorial below. Grab your crochet hook and some yarn and begin right now!

Video Demonstration Below

About these ads

11 responses to this post.

1. Posted by judy on October 15, 2013 at 7:54 am

loved the tutorial it helped me soooo much. You truly are amazing at what you do…..Could really use the written instructions….

2. Posted by Paulette Dobson on September 24, 2013 at 5:57 pm

do you have written instructions for the crocodile crochet stitch?

3. Posted by vinodini on September 6, 2013 at 5:16 am

the tutorial was very informative & exciting.

4. […] have also fallen in love with the look of the crocodile stitch, which I discovered through The Crochet Crowd. I started playing around, making a swatch with crochet thread. I am thinking I will make it the […]

5. […] The Crocodile Stitch with Video Tutorial & Free Scarf Pattern (thecrochetcrowdblog.com) […]

6. […] The Crocodile Stitch with Video Tutorial & Free Scarf Pattern (thecrochetcrowdblog.com) […]

7. Posted by Janice Klaus on July 8, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Thanks for the video clip. I was wondering how it was done. You made it look so easy and now I have to remember how to do it for a later project.

8. you make it look easy. Think I’ll end up under a pile of wool and tied in knots :)

• Posted by irmar on February 25, 2014 at 4:41 pm

If I were you I’d try to learn it in a very twisted, light coloured cotton yarn. Once you master it, then switch to fluffy wool. Actually the tutorial would have been much clearer if he had used light-coloured cotton yarn, where every stitch is visible.

9. Posted by Carol Pina on July 8, 2013 at 10:20 am

I think this scarf is beautiful! love Carol

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 302,501 other followers